Oregon Fruit Puree

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsrstka

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a blonde ale in the fermenter right now that I plan to ultimately turn into a blueberry blonde. I was thinking about getting a can of the Blueberry Oregon Fruit Puree and just rack the beer on top of it with some of the yeast pulled off the bottom of the carboy. I'm just wondering if anybody out there knows if it is possible to get the stuff at grocery stores here in Oregon. I would have sworn that I had seen them before, but I may have been thinking of the canned fruit in syrup from the same company.

If anybody out there lives in Eugene and knows of a local source for it that would be great.

Thanks,
Nick

I've used the canned fruit by Oregon...it works ok. I'm not sure how many little cans you'd need.
I have an apricot blond that uses 1 big can (4#'s?) added at day 3 right into primary and a bottle of extract at bottling. That's a lot of fruit but it's good.

Hey Nick,

I used to live in Eugene and now live in Michigan. I used the Oregon canned fruit in a lambic that I made. I was able to find the Oregon fruit puree in a number of grocery stores to compare prices in a number of Michigan grocery stores, both of my LHBS carried this brand in a number of different fruits.

I'm sure you will find no problem finding it in Eugene. I'm sure they have it at all Fred Meyer grocery stores. You'll either find it in the canned fruit section or the baking section.

Stores that will for sure have it.

Fred Meyer on West 11th
Fred Meyer in Springtucky
Presidents Choice - All locations

Good luck. It won't be hard to find it.

All the grocery stores in my area carry the canned fruit but not the purees. It was always my understanding that only the fruit was available in grocery stores and the purees only sold wholesale in larger quantities. One of my LHBS' carries the puree but that won't help you much. Have you tried Home Fermenter Center?

You can always order direct from Oregon Fruit Products. A little spendy though and way more than you will need.

Latest posts

Back