What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best day ever

ForumRunner_20131124_132843.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
bruva, I'll need to know how that turns out.

It tasted awesome once it was all mixed together. It'll be tough to wait for it to sit a month. But good things are worth waiting for.
I will definitely be making the honey liqueur in the original recipe.

Finishing up a brown saison (which is getting less terrible) and about ready to sparge. Might do a decoction to mash out first just to complicate things a little.

wobrien said:
With my brother, celebrating the birth of his nephew ;)

Whatchu got there?! Is that a Westy 12? Oh and congrats! I think I missed it when your wife had your baby! That's awesome man!

I'm enjoying my first Fat Tire! This is one tasty amber!! I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure I got this from NOZZLE. I think.

image-2105727210.jpg

tyzippers said:
Whatchu got there?! Is that a Westy 12? Oh and congrats! I think I missed it when your wife had your baby! That's awesome man!

I'm enjoying my first Fat Tire! This is one tasty amber!! I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure I got this from NOZZLE. I think.

Yeah man! Good stuff and thank you very much!

I'm going to have to go get another of these to age. It says improves in bottle for up to one year. It's good now but I almost think it'll be better later.

Goose Island Sixth Day

image-3712364821.jpg

this is what I did from the book Cordials From Your Kitchen by Pattie Vargas & Rich Gulling:

1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups water
1 1/4 cups honey
1 1/4 cups brandy

"Make a simple syrup by bringing sugar & water to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. When clear, remove from heat and let stand until just warm. Combine syrup, honey, and brandy in a clean 1 quart container. Cover & shake vigorously to blend. This will produce foam on the top as traces of beeswax present in the honey are released. Skim off foam and discard. Cover & let stand in a cool, dark place for 1 month before serving. Yield: Appox. 1 quart."

next time I'm using Sailor Jerry instead of brandy. it's a good book to have around if you like having cordials around. tons of recipes for all sorts of stuff.

Definitely trying this. Just threw together a "Milk Liquor" after trying some from a friend. Very smooth and easy to put together. Sugar, milk, vodka and fruit. 10-14 days and ready to go. Many flavors and variations available. Just Google"milk liquor".

Anybody know what happened to Fuzzy? I texted him a couple times today and haven't heard back. Maybe he lost or broke his phone?

Anybody know what happened to Fuzzy? I texted him a couple times today and haven't heard back. Maybe he lost or broke his phone?

I have seen him posting on Untappd... Not sure about the phone, but he has been killing PBR like nobodies business

TNGabe said:
hope the kid is okay.

Well, testing my stout. I think it may taste good. I am surprised it's even carbonated a little as it's been in my garage where it's <50F.

This was a test but it may be ready.

image-564783785.jpg

Latest posts

Back