First Batch Success....So Far

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BogBrew21

Reaction score
I brewed my first batch yesterday with great success so far. I brewed the American Amber Ale kit from Northern Brewers. Everything was smooth. Got the wort down to 73F in less than 20 mintues with a home made chiller. Fermentation got going in less than 8 hours and is at full blast this morning. No signs of infection are present. My basement provides an optimum temprature for ale yeast...66F. Now just making a list of items/ideas that would make things go even smoother. My patience is the test now, although I don't see any problems. To be honest, I had a blast yesterday. To see the yeast going to work is awesome! A note to other first time brewers: Take the time to prepare before you brew. Read, watch videos, and read some more. The more you know before you start makes it easier, more relaxed, and much more fun.:rockin:

Back