From Aurora, CO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enohcs

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been extract brewing off and on for 5 years now and am investing in an all grain system. I have 2 beautiful converted sanke kegs and a 10gal converted igloo cooler. Recently I have read "Designing Great Beers" by Ray Daniels and "How To Brew" by John Palmer. Both are great books that have taught me a lot.

Many of my questions are technique related...for example, Kegging, mash and sparge water volumes, types of cooling systems...

Happy Brewing :mug:

I grew up in Aurora. Went to Smoky Hill. There's quite a few HB'ers in the area, so I'm sure you're in good company!

Hey there. I spent my High School years out there. Hinkley High T-birds baby!

Actually one of my buddies from Aurora introduced me to homebrewing through his dad. Sparked my obsession with making my own beer.

Cool! I got an email the other day for the 10 year reunion.....of course I didn't go :) Cherry creek schools are great...but it's just not like it used to be. Too many students with too much freedom...kinda scares me with all the shootings, etc.

Welcome. I go to aurora quite often. I wish we had craft brews around here like you guys do.

Sounds like your well on the way as far as required reading :)

RichBrewer said:
Welcome to HBT neighbor! :mug:
What part of Aurora are you in? I'm just down the street from the Brew Hut. :rockin:
The brew hut is my local store...great place. Steve has been helping me finish my all grain system. His welder did a great job finishing my converted HLT.

TheClosetBrewery said:
Welcome! I'm up in Boulder.

How's that Brew Hut place? Still looking for a good replacement for our HB store that closed.
Coming from Boulder, Aurora may be a bit of a drive. Your closest store would be Beer & Wine at Home in Westminster, correct? Or next would be Stomp Them Grapes in Denver.

Back