have ? about propane burners.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerlover69

Reaction score
I am going to buiding me a brutes 10 and am confused about all the burners, hurricane, jet, and banjo. low pressure and highe pressure. what burner is the most adjustable from low and slow to high. I will be using sanke kegs as by kettles.

First, I'll give you the typical response - try using the Search feature on the forum - it will turn up a lot of results on this topic.

You'll find there are probably 3 major camps when it comes to burners

1) those that swear by hurricanes (and banjo's are almost identical)
2) those who swear by the jet burners
3) those using something that doesn't fit into either of those category (probably a smaller group).

You'll find arguments for or against all of them. From my reading I found that the Jet burners were frequently a bit too powerful and required modification (depending on the # of tips), additionally there is no regulation for air flow to adjust flames.

Hurricanes are out of stock pretty much everywhere, and the manufacture has been less than helpful in providing any information around when they expect to have their manufacturing back up and running. A lot of home brew shops are saying screw it and just going Banjo. Because you're talking LP no need to discuss the fact that Hurricane makes (or made) a valve/orifice to change to Natural Gas if you wanted to.

I'm no expert on burners so will leave it at that - but would recommend you read some of the threads throughout the forum - there are plenty that debate this very topic!

Good luck

Back