Beamish Red

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lochboy

Reaction score
Hi, Has anyone got a recipe for Beamish Red . I am from Scotland and drank it all through college. Now I am living in Wisconsin and for obvious reasons HAD to become a homebrewer!!

Beamish Red is Awesome , Such a creamy smooth beer, I tried to get some here and was told it is no longer being shipped over here.

If anyone can help , please drop me a line.

Lochboy

:mug:

I will try this, do you know if anyone has tried the Extract before??

Lochboy

naw.. I just did a search on google and came across it. Never purchased anything from them. It actually looks kinda expensive compared to other extract kits I have seen. Northern Brewer has a irish red ale kit.

Just noticed the other site is in Australia.

That is equal to $30 US , The problem is that all the Red Ales I have tasted here just cannot match Beamish Red, I will have to just increase my skills and make it my lifes work to nail the recipe.

Thanks

Lochboy

Hey Lochboy - let me in on that recipe whan you nail it. I've become obsessed with real ale after a recent trip and would love to brew a batch of that

I kind of remember the last time I had Beamish Red. I went to the local pub intending to have a few beers on a friday night and get home kind of early since I was planning on going to work the next day to get caught up on things. I ordered a Beamish Red and when the waitress brought it she told me to enjoy it, since they were on their last keg and couldn't get any more. I couldn't believe Beamish stopped shipping their Red to Canada and wanted to get as much as I could, so I ended up drinking as much as I could, which ended up being more than I should have, naturally. I don't really remember much of the night, except for toasting Mr. Beamish and his ale many times. I don't even know if there really is a Mr. Beamish, but I was toasting him.

Anyways, the next beer I'm brewing is a Beamish Red clone, using a recipe from here: http://www.thbs.intas.net/extract_recipes.htm. I'm hoping to brew within the next week, so I'll let you know how it tastes in a couple of months.

Bob

No, There is the stout and the red which are completely different beers.

Later

Lochboy

Lochboy said:
Hi, Has anyone got a recipe for Beamish Red . I am from Scotland and drank it all through college. Now I am living in Wisconsin and for obvious reasons HAD to become a homebrewer!!

Beamish Red is Awesome , Such a creamy smooth beer, I tried to get some here and was told it is no longer being shipped over here.

If anyone can help , please drop me a line.

Lochboy

:mug:

Hey Lochboy
Depending on where in Wisconsin you are You can try one of my Red's and see if it's close, if not we can always make adjustments

Latest posts

Back