Funny/amusing street signs thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasdadhockey

Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread to post pictures of funny street signs or billboards you may have seen. Post 'em here. Please tell us where it was seen.
I'll start. Here's one of a street sign in Oak Harbor, Ohio.

Fangboner.jpg

I know, sometimes I'm 12 years old.

There's a sign at the landfill that says something like, "Watch out for signs". I'll take a pic the next time I take a load of yard waste out.

I keep telling myself that I need to get a picture of it, but south of Milwaukee on I-94 is a sign for the Bong Recreational Area. I know the story of how it got named, but I still chuckle EVERY time I see it. And I drive that route about a half dozen times a year.

I have one. This is a Metro stop in Brussels, Belgium. It's also known by its more common name Arts-Loi, but I think this name is better....

n515719035_107024_8841.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

this is out by the Issaquah brewery, I just love how this is probably the only place in the world this sign applies to.

photo-24.jpg

Alamo, CA

I wonder how hard (err, difficult) it is to get a pizza delivered to an address on that street.

no pictures, but somewhere outside of Port Townsend, WA is a road called kitchendick road.

also, I have seen (in OR) Lois ln

also (taken myself, not found online)
0213101719.jpg

Big Bone Lick State Park is located at Big Bone in Boone County, Kentucky. It is located on Beaver Road and between the communities of Beaverlick and Rabbit Hash. I know, 12-year-old humor at best, but still kinda funny.

In Florence, KY., the water tower says "Florence Y'all!!" It was supposed to say Florence Mall, so the story goes, but they were told it couldn't be done so it got repainted.

I was working on a high rise project in Santa Monica Many years ago, and I used to stop at a 7-11 on the way home to get something to quench my thirst while I sat in traffic..

The 7-11 was in a little strip mall with two other establishments.. One was a Massage Parlor, and the other was a Martial Arts studio.. There was a reserved parking spot in front of the Massage Parlor that belonged to the martial arts studio...

There was a sign in front of the spot that read "Reserved for Head Instructor"

That always busted me up.. Been kicking myself for a long time that I didn't take any pictures...

Also, in the gallery here on this sight, I saw a sign that was posted outside of a bar.. It said (paraphrased from memory).. "Please do not throw your cigarette butts on the floor. They burn our customers hands and knees when they are leaving"

And under it there was another (again paraphrased) that read

"CLOSED
(because were' not open)"​

Actually, it's between Sequim and Port Angeles, WA and, even better, Kitchen-Dick Road intersects with Woodcock Lane.

i'll have to believe you, as i'm going on a 10+ year old memory of driving to port townsend, and i don't recall what route we took.

If you drive west then south on 101 from there, you pass through Sappho, Beaver and Humptulips.

If you're ever on I-15 in Central Utah, there is a sign for an exit leading to
Fillmore, Virgin, and Beaver. Really.

There was a religious bookstore in Thunder Bay that closed down a while back. I'm still kicking myself for not getting a picture of the big "The Catholic Truth" sign over the completely empty storefront.

This is not far from Lancaster PA, actually just west of Blue Ball, PA, around the corner from Intercourse PA.:D

4788135377_38f694e32b.jpg

Back