Mash Tun Agitator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jun

Reaction score
I am thinking about using 24volt DC motor to build a motorized mash agitator.
Has anyone already done this ?
Any suggestions?

I have seen it done. Just so long as your motor has the power and is rated for continuous duty, I see no problem.

I use an AC gear motor in my HERMS HEX and burned up a few until I bought one that was geared and also had a fan to cool it for continuous duty.

I think a DC motor like a wiper motor or something like that would definately have the torque to mix a mash.

motor had a 3/8" shaft, used a 3/8" SS coupling to attach it to the agitator which was also 3/8" shaft.

The progress has been slow,

Over the weekend I finally made a new plywood lid for the cooler mash tun, I am experimenting on the cooler before doing anything on my kegs.
I have to admit that after I had cut two plywood circles, one to fit in the tun so the lid doesn't slip, it was very difficult to cut them to make sure I can remove 1/3 of it to add grain or just to take a peak inside the tun.
Finally was able to get a windshield wiper motor, my neighbor is a mechanic !

Now lets see if I can make it all work.

Latest posts

Back