What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a few too many Dos Equis (is that even a real thing?!!) I'm moving a little slow this morning. Also on the coff.

image-1945810032.jpg

Day off with no plans, guess this is going to be the plan.

drinking water still. I just emailed tallgrass in hopes that they share what exactly they used to make the pumpkin buffalo sweat. They sell kits on Northern Brewer so I figured they wouldnt be too stingy about sharing this too. Hoping to get a good response because I will be brewing buffalo sweat clone on the 17th and would love to try and reproduce the pumpkin heaven beer I had on friday

Water, water and more water.

Going for day #3 (since April) of no alcohol. :rockin:

Water, water and more water.

Going for day #3 (since April) of no alcohol. :rockin:

Has hell frozen over?

Good on ya...I think I might try doing the 30 day challenge. Ever since I got into homebrewing the clothes have started feeling a little tighter. Time to get back on the working out track.

Looking for some OT advice from the Philly area alchies. My wife has a conference in downtown Philly this weekend and I'm tagging along.

I definitely want to get out to Tired Hands on Saturday afternoon - I'm assuming it's worth the trip based on the rave reviews I've seen here.

We're taking the train down, so I won't be able to load up the car with a bunch of bottles, but I also want to look for some RR sours, if possible. I looked at the distribution list on their website, and Monde Market is pretty close to our hotel. Anybody been there? Other good bottle shops nearby? Thanks in advance.

What will be my brewery's red IPA. I used San Diego Super yeast and the hops are a bit muted, will try us-05 next go around

ForumRunner_20131104_141219.png

Has hell frozen over?

Good on ya...I think I might try doing the 30 day challenge. Ever since I got into homebrewing the clothes have started feeling a little tighter. Time to get back on the working out track.

I feel ya. Instead of the 30 day challenge, I'm doing the, now about 50 days, of no sodas. I've lost pounds just not drinking a Coke with lunch.

But anyways, Racer 5. Yum.

BGBC said:
Looking for some OT advice from the Philly area alchies. My wife has a conference in downtown Philly this weekend and I'm tagging along. I definitely want to get out to Tired Hands on Saturday afternoon - I'm assuming it's worth the trip based on the rave reviews I've seen here. We're taking the train down, so I won't be able to load up the car with a bunch of bottles, but I also want to look for some RR sours, if possible. I looked at the distribution list on their website, and Monde Market is pretty close to our hotel. Anybody been there? Other good bottle shops nearby? Thanks in advance.
If you are looking for a good place downtown to have a few I would highly recommend Monk's cafe. Never disappointed by the draft list and extensive bottle menu.

Looking for some OT advice from the Philly area alchies. My wife has a conference in downtown Philly this weekend and I'm tagging along.

I definitely want to get out to Tired Hands on Saturday afternoon - I'm assuming it's worth the trip based on the rave reviews I've seen here.

We're taking the train down, so I won't be able to load up the car with a bunch of bottles, but I also want to look for some RR sours, if possible. I looked at the distribution list on their website, and Monde Market is pretty close to our hotel. Anybody been there? Other good bottle shops nearby? Thanks in advance.

Local 44 is a beer and bottle shop (next door) over by Penn U. and has a pretty good selection. The Foodery on 2nd Ave in Northern Liberties earned the best bottleshop award in Philly Beer Scene magazine (I haven't been, but would believe it is good.) I like using http://www.beermenus.com/ to scout what beers a location has (or what locations have a specific beer.) Not everyone in town uses it, but enough that it is useful. You can also look around at bars for rarer bottles - every bar is allowed to sell carry out (up to 192 ounces) but you will pay a premium for that. Best of luck and hope you enjoy your visit to the city! (I'd offer to meet you at Tired Hands on Saturday but will be having company over)

Trying out this local brew.

What do you think? I thought their stuff was pretty disappointing. Saw some decent music at their brewery one Sunday this summer, but the beer left a lot to be desired.

Local 44 is a beer and bottle shop (next door) over by Penn U. and has a pretty good selection. The Foodery on 2nd Ave in Northern Liberties earned the best bottleshop award in Philly Beer Scene magazine (I haven't been, but would believe it is good.) I like using http://www.beermenus.com/ to scout what beers a location has (or what locations have a specific beer.) Not everyone in town uses it, but enough that it is useful. You can also look around at bars for rarer bottles - every bar is allowed to sell carry out (up to 192 ounces) but you will pay a premium for that. Best of luck and hope you enjoy your visit to the city! (I'd offer to meet you at Tired Hands on Saturday but will be having company over)

Thanks Mark. The Center City Foodery location looks closer to where we'll be staying. Not going to go crazy trying to find something, but wanted to plan ahead and know where the better bottle shops are around there. Thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Back