Another easy snack recipe. Falafel.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Falafel and homus from Dried Chick peas.

Falafel.

Dried chickpeas soaked overnight.
Fresh Coriander chopped
Garlic

Blend the above and put in a bowl then add

Cumin
Small amount of flour
A little water if needed
I then split the batch and add chilli (Fresh or powdered)

For in to balls, I flatten the spicy one so they can be identified.
Not everyone likes spicy food but I do.

I fry at 170°C until the colour you see.
They are nice served in pita bread with a little lettuce and humus.Humus.

Cooked chickpeas blended with Tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic.
You can add a little onion, coriander and or chill if you want.

How much flour is the "small bit of flour" that you add? I have never had any luck with making those little buggers, they never seemed to stay together while frying...but none of the recipes I ever had called for flour...so I'm thinking that might be a problem, and you need some flour to act as a binder.

YUMM I love me some falafel...looks like I'll be getting some chickpeas this week!.

Coriander (we call it cilantro here) leaves instead of parsley eh?

Never tried it that way. I like mine with parsley, a bit of fresh mint, garlic, onion, ground cumin and ground coriander seed, black and chile pepper. A little tahini sauce is nice in addition to or in place of the hummus too. Just blend 1:1 tahini with water then add minced garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.

Oh and I defintiely agree died chickpeas that have been soaked are much better than using cooked chickpeas for falafel.

How do you grind your chick peas Orfy? In a food processor or a mortar and pestle?

Back