Interesting weekend!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a fun week for me. First, I received a couchsurfing request. (It's from a website called couchsurfing.com- I had a couple of people from Brazil stay here before). So a young man named Jim stayed over on Thursday night. He was very nice, and we enjoyed having him.

Then I went to pick up my daughter at college, and our team invited her to play in two games yesterday. So I got to play hockey with my daughter again. We didn't win (tied one 3-3, lost one 1-2) but had a great time. I play defense, and got a goal (from the blue line!) and an assist so that was fun.

I laughed this morning when I thought about it. I will go to work tomorrow and my coworkers will say, "How was your weekend?" I can honestly answer, "I had a stranger stay over night, I played in two hockey games, and I kegged an Irish Draught" I bet the other ladies went shopping! :rockin:

Sound fun. I like your style.

I'm also on the couchsurfing network.

Have you had any surfers? I'm kind of "out of the way" here up north, especially in the winter, so I haven't any many requests at all. I've only had one that I couldn't accomodate because I was out of town.

I've liked the surfers we've had so far- I've invited them all back!

Had a couple from France stay with me while I lived in Las Vegas. They had planned to drive from there to the Grand Canyon, to San Diego, to Disneyland, to San Fransisco, to Yosemite and back to L.V.

In two weeks.

I sent them a picture of their route over-laying a map of Europe before they flew out. Their plans changed a bit.

Had a couple from France stay with me while I lived in Las Vegas. They had planned to drive from there to the Grand Canyon, to San Diego, to Disneyland, to San Fransisco, to Yosemite and back to L.V.

In two weeks.

I sent them a picture of their route over-laying a map of Europe before they flew out. Their plans changed a bit.

Done that in 94 ... possible :)

wow, what a cool network. I've never heard of the couchsurfing thing before. Have you guys ever stayed with someone or just invited others to stay w/ you?

wow, what a cool network. I've never heard of the couchsurfing thing before. Have you guys ever stayed with someone or just invited others to stay w/ you?

We've never stayed at anyone else's house- it just never worked out where we were going. Many of the surfers are college age, and don't mind a few extra people. We're more "of a certain age" and, while not picky, need some creature comforts! We're probably going to make an effort to go stay with they guys from Brazil when we get to Sao Paulo, and I'd like to try to look up Jim in Cincinatti sometime. If I was going alone, or just with my husband, I'd probably do it. Lately, it seems like I have my kids with me and three or four people would be too much of an imposition, so I haven't really tried.

We signed up with globalfreeloaders.com first, but then our Brazilian friends introduced us to couchsurfing.com.

It's a blast to meet new people and I like making dinner (well, offering Bob's talents for dinner) and serving homemade wine and beer with that dinner. I did cook breakfast this time, though!

Back