Happy Repeal Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno_eNVy

Reaction score
Today is a special day for all alcohol advocates, whether you know it or not. December 5th, 1933 marked the repeal of Prohibition. So today, drink for America and our continued strive for happiness (read: beer.)

Also, a small tidbit of repeal information, the first imported beer after the creation of the 21st Amendment was Heineken, I believe only a short three days after the ruling.

ap_protest_081203_ssh.jpg

ap_last_beer_081203_ssv.jpg

There is a picture collage of images before, during, and after Prohibition on AbcNews.com

Today is my club's Holiday Party... It's not a coincedence... We've been having it on December 5th for the last 25 years...

Woot! After 4pm, I am pouring a pint of Holiday Spiced Ale... cannot wait!

Beer list:

Prohibition porter - Capital City
Censored - Lagunitas Brewing Company
Anything from 21st Amendment (No excuse guys, they pack it in cans.)
Whatever Louie has in the back.

I'm going with Tannen Bomb, 'cause that's what I have in the back & it's the Bomb.

Today is a special day for all alcohol advocates, whether you know it or not. December 5th, 1933 marked the repeal of Prohibition. So today, drink for America and our continued strive for happiness (read: beer.)

I'll drink to that, Cheers!:mug:

Awesome. I'm going to the Red Lion Tavern in Silverlake tonight and I'll be celebrating for sure.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=NQo6sxH06j0]YouTube - Prohibition: To Drink or Not to Drink (Britannica.com)[/ame]

:mug:

To celebrate the 75th Anniversary, we're touring Milwaukee's Lakefront Brewery and finishing up at the Ale House, our best local brewpub.

Cheers everyone.
Joe

Sounds like a ton of fun. Luck you :mug:

Drink something hoppy for me? ^_^

I'll probably end up at Hamilton's tonight, although maybe not a good idea before the strong ale festival at Pizza Port tomorrow. If I do, I'll start with a Blind Pig and end with a Pliny.

Ohhhh that pint of Holiday Ale went down smoooothly! Cheers all!

I'll drink to that, even if I am a day late and a dollar short...................:mug:

I knew there was a reason that I've been craving beer all day at work..!

I'll have a few tonight in memory of my late family members who were needlessly harassed by revenuers in their day, and to the inevitable end of all prohibition!

:mug:

Well I've already done my part. It's roughly 4:15 PST and I'm three beers in.... two Deschutes Black Buttes and a New Belgium Snow Day (holy carp I love this stuff)

I'll drink to that, even if I am a day late and a dollar short...................:mug:

Well today you can drink to....

The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution officially abolished and continues to prohibit slavery and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime. It was passed by the Senate on April 8, 1864, passed by the House on January 31, 1865, and adopted on December 6, 1865.

Well today you can drink to....

The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution officially abolished and continues to prohibit slavery and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime. It was passed by the Senate on April 8, 1864, passed by the House on January 31, 1865, and adopted on December 6, 1865.

Imagine how much drinking we could do if we celebrated every date when a stupid law was enacted :tank:

I had the first two full draws of my new batch. It's funny what happens when the brew store sends you the incorrect quantity of and incorrect grain and one of the wrong hops. Still turned out wonderful.
Three beers and bottled/TAD 5.5 gallons by 1pm.
Happy repeal day.

I am drinking a beer style prohibition killed - my Kentucky Common. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back