So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna dust off the brewing equipment and get things ready for this upcoming weekend. Planning on Brewing up NB's West coast red and do a pork butt in the smoker

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Cheddar don't feel bad. I dont believe in brewing without a beer in my hand. Even if that means I start at noon

Just brewed for a contest. It's a big red IPA using, drum roll, WLP810 Cali Lager at 62F. It's hopped with Warrior, Simcoe, Super Alpha, Amarillo, and Mt Ranier.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Fixing to brew a Beamish clone for St Patrick's day, however it won't be ready until after the holiday due to some impeccable timing on my part.

Transmitted from the Millennium Falcon

My LHBS had a "cancelled order" from a customer so they donated the crushed grains to me. (Free Grist!) So the recipe is for "Andes Candy Stout," which I brewed over the weekend. I decided to wait on the chocolate addition: rather than putting cocoa powder in the boil, I'll add 4oz of steeped cacao nibs (in vodka for a few days) into the secondary. It should be "interesting."

Just got my backup propane tank filled. Today I'm gonna make a faux Lambic or whatever you wanna call it. I'll be pitching the vial of ECY Bugfarm I've been itching to try. Finally getting my wild pipeline filled up.

Ill be brewing a Kolsch with ECY21 and a Saison that I will split in secondary and add ECY03-B and the new Yeast Bay Lochristi blend.

Isn't that not a SMASH beer any more? I count two hops

Coincidentally, I jut brewed a 2-row/Citra SMASH pale ale. Hit all targets, great brew day

Guess can honor Mike Tyson and call it "SMATH" Ale now then...(single malt TWO hop):rockin:

Ill be brewing up my house saison, a hoppy wheat and something else this weekend...Hoppy brown? Single hop pale ale? session saison? Havent decided yet.

Definitely brewing this weekend. The weatherman is finally calling for some temps above freezing and I'm pretty excited. I've only been able to brew once in the last six weeks and it's making me crazy. I'm actually tempted to brew twice this weekend, but with my daughter's basketball tournament, there is no way I'll have the time. I'm looking at a brown mild recipe from the Recipe section.

Think I'm gonna try and brew twice this weekend, maybe double the bitter will mean it lasts more than a week or so after carbonation

Well, my starter of some yeast that had been in the fridge for about a year took off overnight (about 24 after pitching). That means I can go ahead with my brew day on Saturday.

Going for a crazy one this time. Doing an amber ale with Legcy hops and I'm adding dried Guajillo and Ancho peppers to the boil and more later to secondary.

Should be fun.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Home Brew mobile app

Red Irish Eyes Are Smiling from this month's Zymurgy. Very simple grain bill and hop combination. I love the simple life.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

If I can get time, I'm hoping to brew a kit I was given for my birthday: "Costa Cocoa Milk Stout", extract with a grain steep from Atlantic Brew Supply.
7 lbs Dark LME, 10 oz roasted barley, 4 oz caramel/Crystal malt, 8 oz Lactose, 2 oz cocoa husks
1 oz Northdown hops at 60 min.
safale s-04 yeast
2 oz cocoa nibs in secondary (toasted briefly to bring out the flavor)

Recipe estimates 1.057 OG and 5.7% ABV, the test brew yielded OG 1.046 and 4.7% ABV. Pretty wide range...we'll see how mine does.

I'm also thinking about adding some coffee beans in the secondary, maybe a couple ounces (i don't want to overpower the chocolate flavor). A Mocha Milk Stout sounds good...especially when I make an ice cream mocha float with it :)

Update: Local brewery guys recommended 8% cold brewed coffee concentrate. I'm going a little lighter, to keep the chocolate from being overpowered. Instead of about 6 cups, I'm going 4 cups...and adding it to the bottling bucket. I might add it in stages, to judge the flavor.

Just wrapped up an Amarillo Pale Ale v4.0 trying to dial it in after some recent BJCP score reviews. Averaged 32.5 so it's going good, this is my favorite brew hands down.

Just wrapped up an Amarillo Pale Ale v4.0 trying to dial it in after some recent BJCP score reviews. Averaged 32.5 so it's going good, this is my favorite brew hands down.

Recently kegged an Amarillo/simcoe pale. My first in a keg! This weekend I'm brewing my first Saison with WY3711. Should be fun!

Gonna brew up Darth Vader CDA... Tho, I crushed up an extra .5lbs of special roast malt... Don't know what will happen. Any ideas? Doing the extract version of it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Home Brew mobile app

I hope to get something brewed this evening as long as afternoon plans don't run late. Thinking of a Hobgoblin clone. Had one about 2 weeks ago, saw it on a tap about one week ago which reminded me how awesome it is. Then again I am entirely out of stock on any stout. What's a brewer to do with limited time?

Gonna brew my second ag and second blue moon clone. I figured it's be best to try the same recipe again, while trying to fix my efficiency problems (i bought a mm2 which I hope helps dramatically!). I'll grind the grain and draw the ro water tonight and begin brewing tomorrow morning.

Just bottled an Apple pie ale last night freeing up my fermenter. Starting an pumpkin ale tonight

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Would be brewing right now, but my LHBS didn't have any lager yeast, and I'm not driving 50 miles to go get some at the next nearest. Too bad too, as it's 50 and sunny out today. Could have finally brewed outdoors again.

Kegging the Irish Red and starting a blue moon clone

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Brewing an ESB this afternoon. Will be my first all grain brew.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Was going to but life has gotten the better of me. Spent a few unplanned hours going to Lowes to get the crap to rebuild a toilet that decided it want to loose the seal between the tank and bowl.

Guess that means I get to brew two batches next weekend!

Back