Just brewed a Belgian White.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syn-ack

Reaction score
Ive got three questions so far...
1. I just brewed a Belgian White and my fg was 1.050 the target was 1.060 could this cause any problems?

2. What temp should my wert be stored at?

3. When Im done fermenting in my primary should I cold crash this beer, would it still maintain some murkiness or negatively impact the beer in some way?

1. I just brewed a Belgian White and my fg was 1.050 the target was 1.060 could this cause any problems?

3. When Im done fermenting in my primary should I cold crash this beer, would it still maintain some murkiness or negatively impact the beer in some way?

having an OG a bit lower than your target is not a huge problem but you have a fairly large discrepancy there. is this an extract, all grain, or partial mash? I ask because if it is an extract it is very easy to get false low readings if you didnt mix the concentrated wort properly with the added water. It's not a problem but could be the reason.

for fermentation temperature, sticking in the mid 60s is safe for most yeast but I emagine the yeast you are using has some information about what temps it operates ideally in so look it up online if you want to be exact.

you can cold crash but if you give your beer a little extra time in the fermenter you will get better results and you wont need to cold crash. you can if you want to though.

What yeast did you use?

Did you use top off water?

What was the temp of the sample you checked?

Rick

I checked the gravity at a temp somewhere between 60 -70 and its a partial mash recipe

I added about 1 extra gallon of water on to make 5 gallons and my wert is currently 68-70 degrees is this ok its bubbling like crazy.

Latest posts

Back