Harbor Frieght 4 1/2" angle grinder $18.45!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsguitar

Reaction score
Ever since I bought a 1/2 inch drill from HF I get those coupon emails and I just bought a 4 1/2" angle grinder for $18.45 including shipping. Crazy. I don't expect it to last long but I'm hoping it'll last through two keg polishings. Totally worth it if that's the case.

If it's the orange one with the slide switch, it's a tank. I've left mine out in a thunderstorm before and it cranked right up after drying. If got a ton of hours on it too. I keep meaning to pick up another one so I don't have to change discs so much.

Yeah, it's the orange one with the slide switch. That's good to hear and surprising.

Regarding the $9.95, really? If it's the same one then that's insanity! This was one of their 50% off sales so it was $14.99 plus tax and shipping. I think there's a store in town but it's kind of a far drive and the shipping was only $1.99.

I bought their $9.95 angle grinder last year. I was of course skeptical but this thing was a real work horse. Mine was gray with a black handle. I used it to grind all of the welds down on my stand and to polish it with the gator pads as well. It would not quit even with long periods of constant running. Some of the Harbor Freight stuff is hit or miss sometimes, but the angle grinder is a good purchase for the money. If anyone is contemplating getting one I would not hesitate, go for it.

I've had an orange one for LONG time and used it quite a bit in the garage. I bought a second machine for mounting a brush, but that HF thing was been rock solid!

HOWEVER - I have found the HF discs to burn up very quickly compared to higher priced discs I've bought elsewhere. It probably comes close to the same price when it's all said and done, but the better discs don't need to be changed as often. YMMV.

I got mine there for $9.95 a few years ago and it has been a workhorse. I used it for trim work on a paver patio, walkway and stone wall and it has performed flawlessly. HF gets a lot of flack for quality issues, but I have bought a number of items there, including brewing items (barbs, manifolds, etc.) and have not had one problem.

+1 I've had one for over 10 years. I've cut pavers, fence posts, you name it. Runs like a champ! I think I paid $10.

i had mine for 2 years or so before i sold it, used to do a TON of metal work, got warm but never died.
ended up buying another one (sold that one because i was moving cross country) and is a blue one, but seems to be working so far!

They still have the sale for the $9.95 ones... I think there's an in-store ad this week too! Also, popular science/mechanics has HF ad's and it's in there too.

Latest posts

Back