boil keggle hop screen links

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you use an immersion chiller or external? If external, you can buy mine if you want.
hopfiltersale2.jpg

Are the holes in the false bottom small enough for hop pellets and the resulting Trub?

Bobby,

Thanks for the offer. I built one of those from the video you posted. You are correct, on a light to medium hop ticket and maybe with whole leaf hops it works fine, but with hop pellets it clogs REAL fast. I am assuming that is why you offered yours for sale. Great Idea, if I can find and use whole leaf hops.

Any other possibilities out there?

If it didn't work for you, the only real alternative is to use the nylon bags. I'm actually selling mine because I converted to using an IC and it definitely doesn't deal with cold break at all and there's no filter out there that will.

With pellets, even the nylon bags let some of the fine particles out. That's why I went to whole hops. The whole hops as they settle on the bottom help to filter trub.

Latest posts

Back