no carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jxsweeney

Reaction score
hi guys I made a imp.pumpkin last august and it fermented most of september.i bottled it sept. 28 and didnt try it till oct.31. its still flat very little carbonation. can you use to much priming sugar?

Yes you can... carbonating in bottles can be tricky. What temp are the bottles at? May want to warm them up somewhere to 70-80F and gently rouse the yeast in them to see if you can get them to carb.

Did you use allspice? I had problems carbonating my pumpkin ale last year and the first question from my LHBS guy was if I used all spice. Apparently there are oils in it that make it take a lot longer to carbonate. I brewed in September 07 and wasn’t carbed very well in February 08. I opened one up on a cool day in August 08 and it had a lot of carbonation with very little temperature change where I was conditioning.

One solution, just call it a Pumpkin Mild and the carbonation level will be perfect.

Back