Sunday Morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making pizzas and catching up on Splendid Table podcasts. Weeding the garden once my assistant wakes up (she doesn't help much, but she likes being outside with daddy). Gotta work tonight, so not doing too much.

Making pizzas and catching up on Splendid Table podcasts. Weeding the garden once my assistant wakes up (she doesn't help much, but she likes being outside with daddy). Gotta work tonight, so not doing too much.

Lynne Rosetto Kasper is a genius

I am not sure that I have ever been happier to wake up in my own bed than this morning. Yesterday was the drive home from vacation-12 hours of fighting traffic with a 9 month old in tow. I will give her credit, she did great the whole trip. She was a bit wired when it was time to go to sleep last night, but after a few fits she went down for the night.
Today is unpack, catch up on a week's worth of yard work, and then get to the basement remodel. The flooring for the bar area arrived so if i have time i might get some of that down this afternoon. That is if I can correct what ever is causing sparks to shoot out of the light fixture in my kitchen now. Nothing like coming home from vacation to find something new to fix...
Ahhh, but I am glad to be home.

I am not sure that I have ever been happier to wake up in my own bed than this morning. Yesterday was the drive home from vacation-12 hours of fighting traffic with a 9 month old in tow. I will give her credit, she did great the whole trip. She was a bit wired when it was time to go to sleep last night, but after a few fits she went down for the night.
Today is unpack, catch up on a week's worth of yard work, and then get to the basement remodel. The flooring for the bar area arrived so if i have time i might get some of that down this afternoon. That is if I can correct what ever is causing sparks to shoot out of the light fixture in my kitchen now. Nothing like coming home from vacation to find something new to fix...
Ahhh, but I am glad to be home.

In another 17 years, you will be remembering trips like that when she is too old to take trips with dad. Some of the very best in life...

Brunch with my folks in 3 hours. Two celebrations going on: my birthday and her "second birthday", the anniversary of her double lung transplant.

Happy birthday to both of you!

Another day of lounging around the house, and feeling like melting upon going outside. I need to make some plans for the day. Probably mow the back lawn and weedwack, drink some beers, and keg a mixed fruit blonde.

In another 17 years, you will be remembering trips like that when she is too old to take trips with dad. Some of the very best in life...

No doubt, and i dread the day she is "too cool" for the family trips. Nice thing is with cell phones today we got a ton of pics and video of her splashing in the water as it ran back to the to the rolling surf.
Proof that she had fun at one time with her parents...

Came home from work and pronounced my yeast starter DOA. Heading to the LHBS to buy some viable beasties tomorrow...

This Sunday is starting hot and muggy with the A/C already working hard to keep up. Bacon and eggs have been made, served and devoured already, the dishes have been done, and a pot of coffee is nearing the last drop.

The kids spent the night with the grand baby last night, and we are all just relaxing at the moment. A few beers and some tractor repair on tap for the afternoon.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday!

:mug:

I don't go back to work until next Monday, and thus, already forgot this is Sunday morning. Already had coffee, two screwdrivers, and a margarita. Washed the dishes, watered the garden, have lunch in progress, (bacon cheeseburger balls), and watched a movie, (Born in East LA). I totally missed my traditional Sunday coffee/comfortable music routine.

It's supposed to be hot and humid today, and I believe the forecast, because it's already getting moist outside. Maybe I'll contribute to both the heat and humidity and make that chinook IPA that's been on my schedule for a while.

Regardless of what today might bring, my plan, other than feeding the family, is to do jack-diddly-****, unless it directly benefits me. Call it vacation prerogative. ;)

Off to start the rest of my day...

I think maybe Melody Gardot - My One and Only Thrill, and Paul Simon - Graceland, should get the rest of my day started off just right.

No doubt, and i dread the day she is "too cool" for the family trips. Nice thing is with cell phones today we got a ton of pics and video of her splashing in the water as it ran back to the to the rolling surf.
Proof that she had fun at one time with her parents...

Off the six kids, five were never "too cool" and she is very much Daddys girl. We are going on a 1500 mile road trip next week, she will be driving some of it.

I've already done some gardening so I think the rest of the day I'll drink some coffee, change baby's diaper, work on my ferm fridge, change baby's diaper, clean the garage, and change baby's diaper.

Just like most sunday's i'm back at my desk working. Only this morning I have a massive hangover.

Getting ready to fire up the kettle on my summer beer - basically a blonde ale..... everyone keeps drinking me out of it as fast as I can brew it. Also doing some keg cleaning, getting things in order to brew a Bo-Pils tomorrow, and need to pack up some beer to ship to someone.

Will need to do some quality control later today too:)

From now until what will likely be the end of time, my wife are taking half a day every Sunday to clean & declutter a room of the house. We only get to stop when the garbage & recycle cans are 3/4ths full.

Started working at 7a, listened to American Routes and United States of Americana while I worked and drank coffee. Working til 11p, stuck at the house on the computer. Will probably step away from the Sitting Death Machine to keg 10 gallons of Sculpin clone.

Had a bunch of upper left chest pains this morning at work... Would only happen in a sitting position and as I shifted my weight from side to side. I ended up laying down on my right side and I could hear the gurgling of something draining and the pain calmed down. Found some masses under my arm near the area, worried about a clogged lymph, coronary disease, or maybe breast cancer (would be my karma after some of the **** I've done). Not sure. Feeling good now that I'm home and working on my 3rd beer. Will visit the DR this week... WTF man...

Had a bunch of upper left chest pains this morning at work... Would only happen in a sitting position and as I shifted my weight from side to side. I ended up laying down on my right side and I could hear the gurgling of something draining and the pain calmed down. Found some masses under my arm near the area, worried about a clogged lymph, coronary disease, or maybe breast cancer (would be my karma after some of the **** I've done). Not sure. Feeling good now that I'm home and working on my 3rd beer. Will visit the DR this week... WTF man...

Suck, man. Good luck.

Spent the morning cleaning up at the campsite. These were the breakfast beers.

View attachment 1437959612401.jpg

I spent the morning recouping from last night, then went to a party for our friends' kids where I hung out in the pool and watched my kids tear it up on their atv. Fun day...

Cleaned up the bedroom floor because one of our dogs apparently has a stomach problem or doesn't do well with the new food. Nothing like waking up excited to brew a batch of beer and smelling dog poop. You know you're in for a lovely day.

Moving on to the part where I talk about brewing a batch of Citra Neson Habanero IPA. Volumes were off in Beersmith, but I boiled for 45 minutes before the first addition and got that corrected.

Then I went to pick up my pump from the driveway and had my foot on the cord. It yanked out of my hand and landed right on the fitting, breaking it right off. Looks like a SS replacement pump head is about $50.

It was still a nice day, although pretty hot and muggy. Had a pint and half of Modelo Especiale, a pint of Brewery Vivant Dark Abbey Ale, and then a bunch of ice water. Rigged up a 10 drink cooler and Keg to make a party kegerator.

Cleaned up the bedroom floor because one of our dogs apparently has a stomach problem or doesn't do well with the new food. Nothing like waking up excited to brew a batch of beer and smelling dog poop. You know you're in for a lovely day.

Moving on to the part where I talk about brewing a batch of Citra Neson Habanero IPA. Volumes were off in Beersmith, but I boiled for 45 minutes before the first addition and got that corrected.

Then I went to pick up my pump from the driveway and had my foot on the cord. It yanked out of my hand and landed right on the fitting, breaking it right off. Looks like a SS replacement pump head is about $50.

It was still a nice day, although pretty hot and muggy. Had a pint and half of Modelo Especiale, a pint of Brewery Vivant Dark Abbey Ale, and then a bunch of ice water. Rigged up a 10 drink cooler and Keg to make a party kegerator.

It's my birthday!

Going swimming in a salt water pool this morning (first time event)... and then... I don't know! I'll do nothing if possible! nah, I'll clean something... back yard needs picking up...:p

Follow up: last week I complained about chest pains (remember? nah? its ok) turns out I have a strained muscle. Must have been during brew day.

Anywho....have a great Sunday!

This Sunday morning is dawning a clear and cool 52*F, with a heavy dew on the ground.

Yesterday found us picking a mountain of green beans from the garden. We canned 29 pints yesterday and will likely do twice that number today. Thankfully we have had a good growing season and have had a bumper crop. The plants are still covered with blossoms and will likely continue to produce good quantities of beans for a couple of weeks, but at this rate we likely won't need to can any more for our own use. We will share the abundance with our family, friends and neighbors.

The garden is doing so well this year we will need to move right into canning beets, carrots, and sweet corn. The freezer is filling so fast with berries that I am going to try to squeeze in an impromptu brewing session this morning, a raspberry wheat, just to use up some of last years raspberries. I'd like to brew a double batch and leave half just plain wheat, but don't have the physical ability or equipment to get that done. I did pick up the grains to do 10 gallons though. ;)

This week looks like it will be a full one as well. I have the motor out of my MG and should be getting it back from the machine shop by the end of the week. I'd like to get the engine bay painted and the heater box fixed while the engine is out, and my wife would really like the car back together and running asap. Meanwhile, my dad blew a transmission cooler line in his truck and has asked me to fix it so he can get his camper towed home from the family camp. I still have my neighbors tractor hear needing some 3 point hitch repair and one of my own I'd really like to get painted and sold in the next couple weeks. I also have 55 chickens scheduled to be butchered Thurs. morning. Something is going to need to be pushed to the back burner, and it surely isn't going to be my MG.

I need some help. Anyone willing to work for beans and beer?:D

I hope everyone has a good Sunday!

:mug:

Coffee, ibuprofen, and Chris Isaak - Heart Shaped World are all the pieces of my morning thus far.

I, too, have beans to can today, a house to clean, yard work, and maybe wash one of the vehicles. If I avoid the beer and/or tequila, I'll likely complete all of it.

Woke up this morning took the dog out for a nice mile walk. Started getting a little humid towards the last quarter mile.

Now gotta get ready to play 2! Old man baseball this afternoon with a game at 12:30 and 4. Tomorrow I have to hit up the LHBS to buy supplies for my ESB recipe that I picked up from the forum.
Making a yeast starter for the first time so I'm a little nervous and excited to get it going.

Hope you all have an awesome Sunday and a great week!

@cannman Happy Birthday!
Big game this afternoon on Ohio State's baseball field. This is the best field that i have had the pleasure of playing on and i am excited to get back on it. Not only getting to the field is great, but it is a big game for us playing against our 'rivals' in the division. Hard to call a first year team a rival, but they were founded by some former teammates who didn't along with of the other guys. Oh, and they have a very talented roster (better than ours on paper) so it should be a good game as well.
I couldn't ask for better weather high 70's mid 80's through this afternoon.

It's my birthday!

Going swimming in a salt water pool this morning (first time event)... and then... I don't know! I'll do nothing if possible! nah, I'll clean something... back yard needs picking up...:p

Follow up: last week I complained about chest pains (remember? nah? its ok) turns out I have a strained muscle. Must have been during brew day.

Anywho....have a great Sunday!

Happy Birthday! I had a saltwater pool. Loved it, but the chlorine generator just didn't keep up and eventually I had to go back to a standard chlorine addition method. The water in saltwater pools feels "softer", kinda silky. It's pretty cool. And the salt concentration is so low you should barely be able to taste it.

Just shy of 80°, and humidity is about 50%.

Double brew day yesterday means chores today. Might make it out to the CSA farm to pick the 15#of peach that I need for the peach wheat I made yesterday.

Finishing my shift and am about to head to the airport to head back to the midwest. For some reason my connecting flight in detroit starts boarding a couple minutes before my flight lands. Not sure how that happened. You would think the software that puts these flights together would notice something like that. I didn't until I printed the boarding passes last night. Wait and see.

Finishing my shift and am about to head to the airport to head back to the midwest. For some reason my connecting flight in detroit starts boarding a couple minutes before my flight lands. Not sure how that happened. You would think the software that puts these flights together would notice something like that. I didn't until I printed the boarding passes last night. Wait and see.

Good luck!

We barbecued some more of that Hungarian sausage, I drank some home brews with it. Finished the evening with some butter pecan ice cream & Bigfoot videos. Beautiful day...

We barbecued some more of that Hungarian sausage, I drank some home brews with it. Finished the evening with some butter pecan ice cream & Bigfoot videos. Beautiful day...

:rockin:

Funny you said bigfoot, last year's birthday, I spent at the local bar. I live on the skirts of Death Valley, and several US Forest Service workers were in their drinking in uniform *which I found strange* So I go over and ask them whats up etc, and they begin to tell me how they were on a bigfoot hunt for the past 4 hours. Apparently several calls went in about the creatures spotted, but they were unsuccessful in spotting the creature. Apparently, it was so unreal and exciting, they all needed a drink before heading home. This wasn't the first time they had been on a call like this... oooooooooooo :rockin:

Yeah, some of the videos I watched were about them investigating reports on Bigfoot. Those things must have one hell of a diaphragm & some big lungs to be that loud from so far off! They didn't find it in the videos I was watching either...I don't blame them for needing a few rounds after that! The males go some 8 1/2 feet tall & upwards of 800 pounds. You definitely don't want those things looking at you when they're PO'd! :eek:

Yeah, some of the videos I watched were about them investigating reports on Bigfoot. Those things must have one hell of a diaphragm & some big lungs to be that loud from so far off! They didn't find it in the videos I was watching either...I don't blame them for needing a few rounds after that! The males go some 8 1/2 feet tall & upwards of 800 pounds. You definitely don't want those things looking at you when they're PO'd! :eek:

Is this real life?

Is this real life?

I think I've seen those videos.

MessinWithSasquatch.gif

Back