You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're watching bobsledding on the Olympics and the go down the sanke shoots and you think.... hmmm... maybe I need to start kegging

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

If you were a real home brewer, you wouldn't be drinking BMC ;)

For the cost of BMC, you can make some cream of three crops. That reminds me... Mine is ready to keg.

You know i have been a homebrewer for decades and never have considered not drinking a BMC product.

And why would you, unless you were a beer snob. After all if you are at the lake and enjoying the day in and out of the water, you would refuse a BMC product your buddy gave you?

You know i have been a homebrewer for decades and never have considered not drinking a BMC product.

And why would you, unless you were a beer snob. After all if you are at the lake and enjoying the day in and out of the water, you would refuse a BMC product your buddy gave you?

I wouldn't have to refuse.

image.jpg

I'd have 6 gallons of my own Homebrew to drink. And 9 more gallons waiting to get tapped if need be.

Relax, don't worry, have a BMC. I was just joking with him anyway.

I keep 3 tappers going usually, but still have commercial beers in the fridge

and Miller High life is always there, no better beer to drink while working in the yard IMHO.

Plus why would I want to bother brewing it, I can brew otherstuff and just buy that

When you drive by the Miller/Coors plant and dream of what you could do in there over a long weekend. I also wish one of the trains carrying their grain would breakdown on the tracks behind my shop long enough for me to get a few hundred pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew Talk while driving.

I keep 3 tappers going usually, but still have commercial beers in the fridge

and Miller High life is always there, no better beer to drink while working in the yard IMHO.

Plus why would I want to bother brewing it, I can brew otherstuff and just buy that

Try cream of three crops. I think I pay $13 for 5 gallons worth of ingredients. I do buy my base malt in bulk, and I didn't use minute rice. Instead I boiled my own rice. It's a brew that appeals to the BMC drinkers. Very simple recipe too.

I wouldn't have to refuse.

View attachment 180202

I'd have 6 gallons of my own Homebrew to drink. And 9 more gallons waiting to get tapped if need be.

Relax, don't worry, have a BMC. I was just joking with him anyway.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392782797.603995.jpg
One corner of my mancave, I usually keep all three taps full, I am thankful for the co3c post though it encouraged me to check out some recipes for a party I have coming up and am getting the ingredients tomorrow... Hopefully! Gunna call it yellow fizz lol

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

When you drive by the Miller/Coors plant and dream of what you could do in there over a long weekend. I also wish one of the trains carrying their grain would breakdown on the tracks behind my shop long enough for me to get a few hundred pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew Talk while driving.

Someone's been watching too much breaking bad

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

When you are running low on beer in the fridge, so you go downstairs and grab a few six packs. Probably the best thing about homebrewing :D

When you schedule your hernia surgery to coordinate with your brew schedule. When your wife catches you a few hours after the surgery violating doctor's orders to carry more frozen water jugs to your swamp cooler because your Scottish heather ale is getting a bit warmer than you want.

When this is your reaction everytime someone offers you a BMC

z4zaa-haunted-house-12.jpg

When this is your reaction anytime you think about an infected beer

8ucqo-haunted-house-19.jpg

When this is your reaction every time you run out of homebrew

vhuah-haunted-house-18.jpg

Link

When you are running low on beer in the fridge, so you go downstairs and grab a few six packs. Probably the best thing about homebrewing :D

You almost just talked your way into another BIF haha. I could use some help drinking all this stuff...

You almost just talked your way into another BIF haha. I could use some help drinking all this stuff...

Haha I know what you mean. I have my next 3-4 batches all ready to go with a week or two in between. Im gonna be stocked up here in the next couple months!

When you schedule your hernia surgery to coordinate with your brew schedule. When your wife catches you a few hours after the surgery violating doctor's orders to carry more frozen water jugs to your swamp cooler because your Scottish heather ale is getting a bit warmer than you want.

Never had that issue,... but if I did,... I'd be as guilty as you,... in all respects.! :D

pb

When you have a Columbus St. That you have to drive by to and from work, and all you can think of along the way is "Mmm, Dank hops"

When you have 300+ bottles full of beer from 10 batches in the past few months and continue to base your commercial beer purchases on if their bottles are non twist off and easy labels to remove.

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

When your first born is on the way and you start rattling off names of hops for middle names and your wife says "chinook" because it's a hop and she works for Boeing

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

When there ins't a single song on your IPod but it has every BN podcast that would fit.

Actually listened to a podcast the other day while a ran instead of angry white kid music. Slowed my time down but learned something.

Admittedly having not read the other 350+ pages of this thread:

When you are making dinner and talking on the phone then say: "Give me a moment, I need to sparge my pasta."

You have a dream that has a beer recipe written on a chalkboard.

In your dream, you start running the diastic power calc to make sure there are enough enzymes to convert all the starches.

Your house smells like pungent American style IPA hops so frequently that your neighbors are convinced that you are the biggest pot-head that has ever walked the face of the planet.

I heard I guy on basic brewing radio say he had GAS. Gear Acquisition Syndrome and I thought to my self yep i got it to

The setup:
Was told last night at the start of my shift to get with my boss' boss, first thing in the morning before I leave.
I'm not too worried at this point, probably a good thing.

After some effort I finally hooked up with him this morning in his office. He says he's taking me to H.R.. I let out a, "Oh ****!". He right away says it's a good thing, don't worry.

Ended up getting a $3/hr raise because the company decided that I wasn't making enough money for my job description. :ban::ban::ban:

You know you're a homebrewer when,...
While driving home thinking about the good news and you are trying to figure out how much your brew budget just went up. And what kinda brewery bling you're gonna get to celebrate.:mug::mug::mug:

First things first tho,... :drunk:

pb

When you can pour a better pint than the bartender

Definite +1 from me. I got my first couple bar shifts working for a catering agency, had regular bartenders surprised at how well I could fill a pint glass.

Latest posts

Back