You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I still considered a home brewer if I'm considering selling this vs keeping it?

View attachment 195949

All the parts are inside, so it's complete... I know this is like a "dream" item for most home brewers, and I can basically have it for free, but I'm torn... What a horrible problem I have. Haha

I want... but I'm broke saving for a house or I would make you an offer

When you sparge tea bags.
When you look for the hot break when the tea is on the stove.
When you worry about hot side aeration when pouring the hot tea into the pitcher.

I'm on a $25 a paycheck (2weeks) budget. I know how you feel :)

I just bottled up a batch and a parti-gyle of it earlier today. Did the math, it came to $24, much help from both batches using harvested yeast. Came out as 94 bottles. That'll last 2 weeks.

And before anyone has the chance, I know it's about brewing itself not the beer on hand. Beer inventory is just a fringe benefit.

I just bottled up a batch and a parti-gyle of it earlier today. Did the math, it came to $24, much help from both batches using harvested yeast. Came out as 94 bottles. That'll last 2 weeks.

And before anyone has the chance, I know it's about brewing itself not the beer on hand. Beer inventory is just a fringe benefit.

I do 2.5g batches, I use 2 Mr Beer kegs in a scrap built fermentation chamber. I brew once a week, I use half a packet of yeast and half an oz. of hops per batch.

I always make it so that 2 of my weekly batches differ but use the same hops/yeast.

For instance: 3.5lb Vienna, 6oz honey malt. 3.5lb 2row, 6oz honey malt. Both with .10oz at 60, .20oz at 10, and .20oz at whirlpool/chill.

This gives me a chance to tell what does what to a beer as I have only been brewing since Jul 13. And I drink it all fast enough homebrew is the only way I can afford to drink lol.

To summarize:

Two weeks ago, searching the freezer for sausages. Found an ounce of Topaz and an ounce of Willamette.

One week ago, searching the freezer for sausages. Found an ounce of Hallertauer.

This week, searching the freezer for Citra, found sausages. (Also found the Citra)

When you can't find the sausage because the freezer is full of multiple pounds of hops of just about every variety.

When you're in the Potrero Hill neighborhood in SF, and notice a wonderful smell coming from Mariposa & Deharo.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

After not brewing for some 5 months,your interest is renewed by a new fermenter & two batches of beer that you haven't brewed before! :rockin:

As long as no one is naming their baby stout, we should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

We call him Po. On a trip we found a gas station called "taters" and we took a pic of Po in front of "taters".

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398767856.707601.jpg

Had to brag about this...
Went to poker night last week and brought a 6er of the cottage house saison (from HBT) and accidentally left one in the guy's fridge.
Turns out he drank it and sent me an email this morning saying how good it was. This was made even better by the fact that I hardly know this guy and he's complimenting my beer.

You know you're a homebrewer when you know someone complimenting your beer is the best thing that'll happen to you all day...and it's not even 8am yet :D

Went to poker night last week and brought a 6er of the cottage house saison (from HBT) and accidentally left one in the guy's fridge.
Turns out he drank it and sent me an email this morning saying how good it was. This was made even better by the fact that I hardly know this guy and he's complimenting my beer.

You know you're a homebrewer when you know someone complimenting your beer is the best thing that'll happen to you all day...and it's not even 8am yet :D

Literally did basically the same thing. Left 2 bottles of my Golden Mistress at a friends house that I was helping move. Sent me a text last night saying he thought I left something I bought in the store(total wine...because he knows me) and then realized it had my tag and name on the side and that it was one I made.

Gave me major kudos about how good it was. I was happy internally.

I love this one too. I still have a little over 5 gal left of mine... It's gotten rave reviews too. I did change it up a little thought. I used keg and raw wild flower honey with some lemon zest.

You know you're a homebrewer when you instinctually sniff your glass of milk before every sip

You know you're a homebrewer when you instinctually sniff your glass of milk before every sip

Someone handed me a plate of chocolate cupcakes made with milk stout. I took one and smelled it several times before I realized what I was doing.

I brought a bomber of an East Coast IPA to my friendly local growler shop this past week. They give little one ounce samples of what they have on tap. The clerk gave a sample of my IPA to a regular customer and she wanted a growler of it.

...when the first thing you do each day is check craigslist for kegs

I just sold 20 for $1050 today... :ban: I got them in a lot of all grain gear that came with a 14.5 blichmann conical and 15 gal boilermaker with false bottom. Those two items (and tons of others) are now basically free! I love Craig's list.

When you make a grapefruit wheat beer. And it turned put pretty good (girlfriend says it's the best beer I've made. I wouldn't say that) then you realize this is why you Homebrew.... Where else would I be able to get a beer that taste like a dry version of squirt?

I brewed up a batch of Edwort's Haus Pale Ale two weeks ago and bottled it yesterday, for the sole purpose of being able to bribe some free labor out of some strong backs when we move in a few weeks.
I don't expect it'll last the month :D

I brewed up a batch of Edwort's Haus Pale Ale two weeks ago and bottled it yesterday, for the sole purpose of being able to bribe some free labor out of some strong backs when we move in a few weeks.
I don't expect it'll last the month :D

You would be surprised what you can get done for nothing more than some beer. My buddy posted an ad wanting a welder to make his stand. His compensation was free beer. He had welders lined up for the project.

I did the same thing and had a massive amount of welders email me. I'm in the process of getting a brutus 10 built out of SS for mainly material costs and a keg of beer.

I have yard work needing to be done... I'm tempted to see if it'll work for that kind of labor too. Lol

Yes it does. I saved a little cash on the yard work crew I had hired last year by offering them my beers when they were done. Nice to get some honest feedback that way too.

Latest posts

Back