Upright dispensing rod connected to a Corny keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamjab19

Reaction score
I am building a "keg box" that will better insulate my corney keg during serving times. I don't use my keg for extended periods of time so I am just using wood and insulated foam for some insulation with a bucket inside of that.

I have seen the PVC DIY towers and I am prepared to do that but just found one of these upright beer dispensing rods and was wondering if there is some sort of coupler I could buy to put through the top of my keg box and to mount this thing.

dispens%20rod%20set-up.jpg

Any ideas or has anyone done this before?

One of the benefits of a tower is they are insulated and chilled from the fridge. This keeps the beer in the line cold and keeps the foam down(warm beer releases co2). Most of us have 10ft or more of 3/16 beer line between keg and faucet. The extra line causes resistance which helps control the foam. I fear with a setup like that you will pour glass after glass of foam like your average college keg party. The combination of large diameter tube and no insulation seems like a bad idea to me.

I'm wondering if I could put a stainless steel coupler through the top part of my keg box with a tailpiece underneath that I could connect a beer line to. So then I would have my 2 feet of beer hose connected the 1 foot of this beer dispensing rod through a coupler maybe I could find. Really, I just need to find a beer shank that doesn't have the faucet adapter on the one end...

Back