Back in the swing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael88n

Master Napper
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Folks,

I'm back in the swing and it feels so good. I'm no longer in Kuwait or Iraq, (most importantly) back with my wife & kids, and I'm brewing again.

Thanks to all the love and support whilst I was gone.

The Porter I had conditioning was/is kind of disappointing. The wee-heavy is pretty good. And the stout is fantastic. I just need to get the rest out of my parent's basement soon.

I've put together a couple of carboys of Ed's Apfelwein. They're chugging along great in the garage, much to my daughter's delight. She loves the bubbles and the smell (and the concept of the yeast 'farting' the bubbles of 'Sea-oh-two').

I'm still trying to get over the 'not wanting to talk to people I don't know' syndrome. It's hard in real-life (like some of you know). How's the right way of saying, "I did it, it's done, and I don't want to talk about it."

So I'm planning on going to that AG class at HDYB on the 4th (I think). I've totally got the garage trashed now that I'm home... not sure what SWMBO will let me get away with...

Cheers,
Michael

Welcome Back, Your back and now your goal is to go AG and full steam ahead with as much brew as you can manage to make.

Welcome Back!

And another sincere "THANK YOU" from me as well! And if you need help getting rid of that Porter...just send some bottles west! :mug:

Welcome back! Glad to see you are back with the family, and thank you for serving our country. It's tough over there. A friend of mine serves in the Air Force, and although he doesn't actually do any fighting, he has some pretty amazing stories. You will get people asking questions. My advice is to just tell them that you'd rather not talk about it at this time, and they should understand. You have to understand basic human interest in things they haven't experienced.

Anyway, I hope your future batches turn out amazing, and hope to see you lots more here!

Back