Hopped up Three Crops Cream Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcusKillion

Reaction score
8 Lbs 4 oz 2 row
2Lbs 12.0 oz Rice
2 Lbs flaked Corn
.75 oz Cascade @ 60 min
.75 oz Hallertauer @ 30 min
.50 Chinook @ 5 min

mash in 18.82 quarts water @ 163.2 step temp 150 75 min
fly sparge 6.57 gallons @ 168
Est pre boil gravity 1.043
est post boil 1.056
5.64% ABV

Just a note . you might want 3 Lbs corn . I think that would make for some good beer also.

After conditioning for 5 weeks this beer is great . I will making another batch this weekend . Might add in a little more hops and maybe some carapils to get a bit of mouth feel for cold weather drinking since it is going to start getting cold here

Once again I thank BierMuncher for his awesome Cream of Three crops recipe I used as a base for this .

Dry hop it with 1 oz of Columbus. Hard to call it a Cream Ale after that, but it is tasty.

well I just brewed a new version of this . I wanted a more malty version for winter time .
6 Lb 3 oz pale 2 row ( was going to use 4 but only had 3 )
4 Lb maris otter
2 Lb 12 oz rice
2 Lb corn
0.92 oz cascade @ 60
1 oz 5 grams hallertauer @ 30
.75 oz chinook @ 5 ( only had about .50 oz actually . I used some pellets and some old whole that was about dead . then I added in a few maybe 4 or 5 grams of centennial I had lying around . )
should have been 1.065 but since I use a fine grind because my tun has a filter system that does not clog I got 1.072 I think it was . so I took out a 3/4 gallon and added in water till I got 1.063 . would have just pitched at high gravity but did not want sweet beer.
Used notty . Just pitched it dry.

took the 3/4 G of 1.072 and pitched in some US-=04 .

drinking one of the originals right now . this beer is worth brewing again .

Well I just tasted this right out of the fermenter . Actually it was the 1 gallon jug that came out to FG 1.017 . has a strong flavor sort of grapefruit / spice and I suppose that marris otter. Not really detecting any pine from the chinook . but then it has not conditioned yet so I assume this will all change . Got 8 bottles .
Just a note on the US - 04 I used for this 1 gallon . It settles down to the bottom and clumps up . I poured the beer out of the milk jug into a pitcher and the yeast stayed in the jug and clumped up like a dirt clod .

Just bottled up the marris otter version . Came out at 1.012 so about 6.5% ABV . It has been in fermenter for 1 month . Drank a little . Tasted pretty good . After it conditions in bottle I think it is going to be great . Had a nice citrus flavor .

Latest posts

Back