Temp Controller Needed ASAP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couevas

Reaction score
Here's the problem. I know of many places to buy a controller online....but it is already getting hot here in Vegas and I want to brew on Saturday. I am picking up my new chest freezer tonight, but I need a controller for fermenting on Saturday.

Does anyone know of any stores that carry these types of products? I have been striking out with googling.:drunk:

Thanks,

Try anyplace that supplies heating and ventilating (refrigeration) contractors. Often they are wholesale only, but will sell small items for cash. If that doesn't work, try Johnstone Supply online. If it's in stock, they'll have it at your door in a day or two.

doesnt any of the local homebrew stores sell them?

**EDIT: sorry, doesn't look like you have any. There's a business to open for ya

No biggie, If I were in a bind w/out a controller. I would simply plug the freezer in for a bit in the morning, say 1/2 hour (maybe more...maybe less??) and the same in the afternoon. No, this will not provide extreme accuracy for lagering. but it will certainly keep the temps in check. I also dont believe this will result in extreme variation of temp., 5 gal. reacts pretty slowly.

No biggie, If I were in a bind w/out a controller. I would simply plug the freezer in for a bit in the morning, say 1/2 hour (maybe more...maybe less??) and the same in the afternoon. No, this will not provide extreme accuracy for lagering. but it will certainly keep the temps in check. I also dont believe this will result in extreme variation of temp., 5 gal. reacts pretty slowly.

You might be able to do that and also add ice. I freeze water in gallon ice cream containers. I get to eat the ice cream and then use the bucket. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Schwann's.

:ban:
Bought a digital one from a HVAC contractor supply warehouse. It can control in two modes, heating and cooling. The heat feature will be useful in the winter with a reptile heating pad in the freezer.

$55 bucks.:D

Back