• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free Starter Kit (Iowa City, Iowa)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a free starter kit that I put together out of some new and used equipment. I had planned on giving this to a buddy that wants to brew but he changed his mind so I would just like to pass it along to someone else. I have gotten so much advice from other brewers on this forum that I don't want any money for it. Some of the equipment I bought from other brewers with the intention of putting kits together to give away to rookies so some pieces are not prestine but are fully functional. I would really like the recipient to give this kit a try and either keep it or pass it along to another person wanting to try brewing.

Local pick up only. I will also throw in 2 cases of bottles to get started. There are two bottling buckets here as well as a primary bucket. The second bottling bucket could be plugged and used as a primary bucket. There are also 2 smaller buckets to use to help clean and sanitize equipment.

brew kit 001.jpg

if gas was not 3.70ish, I would be knocking on your front door. :)

Also, the purple Bumbo is a key component to any starter kit. You can't have the little one running around while you're trying to brew.

We will be needing to use the bumbo in 6-8 weeks so it is not included in the kit. I will be shutting down my beer production here in the next 2 weeks in order ro get things ready for the new tax deduction arriving.

msa8967 said:
We will be needing to use the bumbo in 6-8 weeks so it is not included in the kit. I will be shutting down my beer production here in the next 2 weeks in order ro get things ready for the new tax deduction arriving.

The train table could make a nice brew stand too. The post would be low enough no need for ladders to mash in or anything. :rockin:

That's awesome! I have a buddy I'm getting started in brewing. Wish this deal was closer. Thanks for offering this up!

msa8967 said:
I have a free starter kit that I put together out of some new and used equipment. I had planned on giving this to a buddy that wants to brew but he changed his mind so I would just like to pass it along to someone else. I have gotten so much advice from other brewers on this forum that I don't want any money for it. Some of the equipment I bought from other brewers with the intention of putting kits together to give away to rookies so some pieces are not prestine but are fully functional. I would really like the recipient to give this kit a try and either keep it or pass it along to another person wanting to try brewing.

Local pick up only. I will also throw in 2 cases of bottles to get started. There are two bottling buckets here as well as a primary bucket. The second bottling bucket could be plugged and used as a primary bucket. There are also 2 smaller buckets to use to help clean and sanitize equipment.

I would love to help you out! I have just started brewing and my best friend lives in Iowa City. If the equipment is still available, I would love to have it. Can you hang onto it and I can make arrangements to have it picked up.

Thanks,

Barbara

Hello, I have just gotten into brewing and love it. I am located in Cincinnati, OH. However, my best friend lives in Iowa City, and if the kit is still available I can have it picked up! I also sent another reply, so if you get both, sorry.

Please let me know how we can make it work if the kit is still available.

thanks,

Barbara

Latest posts

Back