What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this sucker as a gift today. What do you guys think? Should I let it age a while, or drink it today?

ForumRunner_20121225_091312.jpg

Bourbon and first runnings of my Promised Land Stout(milk and honey stout).

Whew, i'm not sure I could drink wort & whisky!

Although it's about beer thirty. Can't say I've been drinking all day unless I start in the morning and I've only got a few minutes left.

'Abbey' Single, aged on blackberries. I was too lazy to bottle condition since it was less than a gallon, but I don't mind flat beer.

Christmas day, so Starting with a bottleof Blue Moon limited edition Grand Cru (really good) will move on to some non-export wine (George Bruener Nonninberg 2006) we got in Germany, and will finish the day with my spiced Xmas porter (Cinnamon, ginger and vanilla)

Not drinking yet but am I a bad person for having stone arrogant bastard, anniversary ipa, and RIS for me and 18 cans of coors light for everyone else. I don't care too much for our guests this evening

Not drinking yet but am I a bad person for having stone arrogant bastard, anniversary ipa, and RIS for me and 18 cans of coors light for everyone else. I don't care too much for our guests this evening
EEK I don't allow Coors or Bud light in my house /shudder If I have guests like that they can drink water (I will pee in it if they want Coors light)

Bad person? No. Dick? Maybe. I know I sure am. Keep us posted as you consume 66oz of Stone with people you loathe. :drunk:

Starting here before our hour drive to the in-laws. Drinking my "liquid smiles" abut faster than normal. Might have to down a SN Celebration also. Gotta prime the pump haha. MerryChristmas all.

image-1298919191.jpg

On to the second batch of the day. First runnings of my Chocolate Orange Peel Stout and bourbon.

image-2316012254.jpg

Belma bittered and Nelson knockout saison gravity sample. 1.064 to 1.002 in 10 days.

image-1690201562.jpg

Hmmm how long exactly was "extended time"?

Just finished a Founders Red's pale ale, and tonight a lindeman's apple lambic with prime rib!

image-3320110782.jpg

**** yes. Been waiting a while to crack my first bottle of this. Nice toasty oak notes and lots of dark fruit and spices. Definitely some dark cherry flavors. Very very nice! Look forward to cracking my next bottle next year.

histo320 said:
Drinking Bell's Christmas Ale.

I would love the recipe for Chocolate Orange Peel Stout....sounds phenomenal.

This is my first time brewing this recipe so I can't say exactly how it will turn out but I'm more than happy to share the recipe I came up with when I get a chance.

Vigo_Carpathian said:
Should I, or Shouldn't I?

Absolutely! I'm also jealous, because I can't get it here, and I really want to try it. That's ok though, I'm having some RIS (Big Eddy), Boddingtons on nitro, and some dry stout on nitro. I'll finish my day off by ordering 50 lbs of Golden Promise for a batch I'm doing next week...

Back