Why is wine considered fancier than beer/spirits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing that I think goes good with wine is a good steak.
HOWEVER, steak also goes really well with certain beers, especially porters if the steak is salty or IPAs if the steak is really sweet.

Mmmmm, that makes me want some tri-tip.

Regardless, I'd much rather drink a pint of beer with a meal than a glass or two of wine.

I always serve wine at my cookouts and parties - good cheap as heck Sangria in a pitcher , with chunks of orange, lime and lemons.

Cookout last week - floated 3 kegs of homebrew, and went through half of another and half a keg of keystone. Went through 3 gallons of the Sangria.

Yeah, no wine snob here, LOL.

Don't get me wrong, I don't one's better than the other. They're so different, it's oranges and apples.

But I'll echo the sentiments about self-proclaimed wine aficionados. They just seem to like smooth, strong (as some here have put it "bile-y") reds and dry, mineraly whites. The closer it is to those two ideals the better they seem to think it is.

There is SO much variety of wine out there, just like beer.

Beer is for everyday.

Wine is for being gay watching a chick flick with your lady.

what? I like to drink wine when I watch figure skating too.

Your man rights have been suspended... :drunk:

There is hope for you yet though. Make a batch of 10 alarm chili (with beans, and NO using Bean-O), have it for lunch and dinner for two days, and then 'Dutch oven' the SWMBO... If you don't have a SWMBO, then your rights will be suspended until you do have one, and perform the task...

Your man rights have been suspended... :drunk:

There is hope for you yet though. Make a batch of 10 alarm chili (with beans, and NO using Bean-O), have it for lunch and dinner for two days, and then 'Dutch oven' the SWMBO... If you don't have a SWMBO, then your rights will be suspended until you do have one, and perform the task...

I'm not sure what to say.

I work at a wine shop in town and it really bugs me when someone asks very specific questions about a wine and takes forever to decide on one and then they go and get steinlager (just a bmc beer around here) also. Ridiculous

Latest posts

Back