Brewcraft Hop source

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chemicalcraig

Reaction score
Does anyone know where Brewcraft (the company not the store in SF) gets their hops? My closest LHBS sells brewcraft hops exclusively, while others in the area get theirs from hop union. I'm in seattle so it doesn't make sense to buy hops that start out in yakima, then get shipped all over the place and back to WA. It'd be nice if I didn't have to go to 2 different shops to get grain and hops just to make sure I'm getting locally sourced products.
Cheers,
Craig

Does anyone know where Brewcraft (the company not the store in SF) gets their hops? My closest LHBS sells brewcraft hops exclusively, while others in the area get theirs from hop union. I'm in seattle so it doesn't make sense to buy hops that start out in yakima, then get shipped all over the place and back to WA. It'd be nice if I didn't have to go to 2 different shops to get grain and hops just to make sure I'm getting locally sourced products.
Cheers,
Craig

I'm not sure where they get them from. I know where I get mine.

http://www.hopsdirect.com/

get them from the source and save some $$$.

Yes, I have several pounds of hops in the freezer from Puterbaugh farms. But it doesn't really seem reasonable to me to buy a pound of, say, saaz if I only use an ounce or two every six months to a year.

If you're buying Saaz don't worry about a local product. I don't believe they even grow it in Washington at all that I'm aware of. The only Saaz acreage I know of in the US is in Idaho.

If you're buying Saaz don't worry about a local product. I don't believe they even grow it in Washington at all that I'm aware of. The only Saaz acreage I know of in the US is in Idaho.

I'm not buying Saaz, I was just using that as an example of a hop that I don't have a lot of in my freezer and that I would only use rarely, so that buying in bulk doesn't seem like a good option. Consider casdade instead. While I have a pound on hand, imagine I didn't have any and needed some on brew day and could only get Brewcraft packaged cascade. Does anyone know where these originate from? I searched their website but couldn't find anything about sourcing. Maybe I should just call them.

Back