I didn't really need a new conical ....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcinpdx

Reaction score
So I was scouring craiglist like I normally do and in and amongst the multitude of carboys and basic kits people try to unload there was an ad from a local mfg, Glacier tanks. They were unloading some "old stock" including a nice little 7gallon conical. I call them up and one of the main dudes, Matt, tells me all about it. I take a late lunch break, speed up 205 and grab this little beauty for $150.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1454740478.824587.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1454740490.626044.jpg

There are no fittings and I need to source a new gasket, but I couldn't pass this one up.

Score!!
You may be able to find the replacement seals on aliexpress or alibaba.... As for as I know Glacier doesnt make their products they buy them from overseas.. At least I know a few of the conicals they now offer on their website can all be found on the aforementioned sites.

Check out McMaster Carr for the gasket. They have em and they are reasonable. Just measure the ID and the OD of what you want and I'm willing to bet they have it.

Nice score!

Cheers
Jay

I'll definitely Check them out. He has a 15 gallon conical for sale that was the burliest small conical I ever saw. I couldn't justify spending the cash but it was a good deal too. Super nice folks and they allow walk ins for sales. Most of the stuff is industrial sized but they had a ton of fittings and stuff as well.

Back