Skeeter Pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrchaos101

Reaction score
My project has turned out well....not too sure yet.

I kept towel over the bucket. Kept watching it for activity..... Got to about 1.2 so I dumped the rest of my juice in (lime) and more energizer and nutrient. Misse the 1.5 reading.

I have been whisking the crap out of it 2 times a day. The activity is starting to slow so I will rack it when I get home.

Not sure on the smell though. Smells sorta limon....dont know if I smell "ruber" or the rotten egg everybody talks about. I can say I don't think I like the smell of it.... BUT the sample I took 2 days ago...seemed fine....still sweet.

If I get "the smell".....I plan on using the "wine whip" to de gas it...... will de gas it and..... will just keep de gas'n it as that seems to be a way to help.

Dunno about all this penny and copper stuff... if it gets that bad...Ill just toss it and start over.

First time trying to do the Skeeter Pee. Hope it turns out ok.

Update on my project. This first batch.... got to 1.2 before I caught it. Tossed in the additional chems.....went to bed. Woke up middle of the night and realized I forgot to add my 3rd bottle (elected to do bottle of lime). Ran to kitchen and tossed it in. Went back to bed.

Let it sit a few days. Smells...kinda like a rubber. So I guess I hosed this one. Figured I would finish it out to see how it goes.

Racked it to the glass carboy,.... degassed it with a whip while doing this.

Next morning.... WOW activity kicked back up HARD CORE. Stayed this way for a few days.

It has been sitting for a while. I will rack it again tonight and see how its coming. I plan to degas it again.... AND sample.

I hope the smell/taste has gone down some. Some of the off taste can be corrected just by adding sugar to back sweeten right?

Any suggestions please?

Back