Recipe suggestions needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryaned82

Reaction score
I have a batch fermenting right now and I was originally set on adding apricot extract when I put in secondary on Saturday. This batch is going to be bottled and set aside until probably mid May or early June.

This is the first batch I've kind of gone on my own with in terms of not really following the instructions step by step. Let me start off by saying I probably should since I'm still a Jedi apprentice at this point.

6 lbs wheat DME
4.5 lbs used after 3 gallons water came to boil

Brought back to a boil - added 1 oz Hallertau hop pellets

At 35 minutes into boil added .05 oz Hallertau hop pellets (I.D.K, if felt right!)

With ten minutes left I added remaining 1.5 lbs wheat DME. Stirred that up and then immediately hit it as it began to rise up again with my last .05 oz of Hallertau hop pellets.

At five minutes remaining added 1 lb of honey

Added wort to two gallons of on the verge of freezing water. Then topped off with one more gallon of water.

Based on what I did should I stick with the Apricot extract plan or does anyone think I'm on the right tract for something else?

You could bottle half as is, and add extract (to taste) to the rest. Your process sounds fine, I'm just not a big fan of extracts (on principle more than anything else).

Latest posts

Back