Another kegerator build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briewer2

Reaction score
Had to leave my old kegerator behind when we moved, thinking I would just bottle. Well, bottling blows so I bought a craigslist fridge yesterday. Just wanted to pass along my plans and hope for some good advice.

Fridge is a big one, 18.8cf, freezer on top. I want two faucets this time with room for a stout faucet later on. I want perlick 525ss as of this time. I think I am going to buy a keg cowboy dual reg into a four-way manifold (one for force carbing, four for serving) unless someone convinces me to go for the micromatic premium. 10lb co2 seems to be good size, which i will strap into a back corner.

Questions:
Is the perlick with the creamer worth buying? I dont really know what they do, my beer has foam already :drunk:

The floor of the fridge goes up about 8" in the back to make room for the compressor. Should I make the top of that the floor level for the fridge or should I make a two tier platform so the front kegs have more space above them?

Any comments are appreciated, even insults.

Thanks,
Ben

Back