What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first grain mill - the Hullwrecker. I’ll try it out this weekend.
IMG_1512084212.187370.jpg

Took delivery of my new 3 gallon fastfermet along with a free extract recipe from Mr.Beer. It's their Horse's A$$ Ale which is apparently "Classic American Light" Extract, cascade hops, some of their "brewer's yeast" and I have to supply some honey.....Yeah ever since I went all grain, that aint gonna fly. Going to the LHBS tomorrow for some black malt, I'm thinking munich malt and lager yeast. Gonna do my first lager as a partial mash and since it's winter time and stout season, it needs to be dark as night (yes, I am that shallow).Probably gonna beef it up with some molasses and maple syrup too.

got a new hydrometer and test jar after my old ones were KIA. Also received a replacement thermometer probe, old one was reading 10 to 30 degrees high

My RO water system! Super fast shipping and great instructions from Buckeye Hydro! And patient answering of questions deciding what I needed to order(100gpd system). Well built system that uses a lot of standard easy to find parts locally of needed for a quick repair! Highly recommended!

edit: and a 4k Ultra DVD, now if my Christmas present to myself gets here I can play it! New DVD player! Already have the 4k TV!

IMG_20171214_234037d5523.jpg

In the box&bag, 10kg crushed maris otter, in the black pouches, EKG & first gold. Couple brit SMASH:s coming up as soon as I decide which yeast to pair with which hop. Thinking EKG+B1.

Last edited:
Familytreedna.com kit my daughter wanted for Christmas and a hop spider I wanted.

Some tap brushes to keep fruit flies out... not a problem this time of year but soon as garden canning season starts I get thousands of them. I now have enough to have 3 soaking, 3 in use and 3 as spares. Every 5 days I swap them and change the starsan they soak in.

30 Kg Crisp Maris Otter
1 Kg Crisp English Crystal 60L
1 Kg Crisp English Crystal 90L
1 Kg Crisp English Crystal 150L
0.5 Kg Crisp Black Malt
0.5 Kg Crisp Brown Malt
0.5 Kg Crisp Crystal Rye
0.5 Kg Crisp Pale Chocolate Malt
0.5 Kg Chateau Cafe Light 95L

Several Danstar Windsor and Nottingham yeast and for hops: East Kent Goldings, Amarillo, Chinook and Galaxy.

took delivery of this little guy. Cheap knock off of the corona mill but I ran an ounce of munich through it and it seemed to do ok enough. I'm gonna go more in depth with my experimentation in the next couple days. I'll pick up some grain milled at the LHBS and pick up some unmilled stuff and get it to match and with all those milled grains laying around...I guess I'll have to brew a tiny batch probably a gallon or less lol

Attachments

• mill.jpg
    mill.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 196
IMG_20171228_143910.jpg

Techically these didn't come in the mail, as I beat them to it :D Had a pickup from the same city with two hours to spare so decided to pay the shop a visit as it was kinda on the route. Part of these like the grain mill and the malts I ordered last night, the rest I bought in "once I was there might as well replenish my stocks" -style. Got the hose for free in exchange for the shipping fees. Planning to brew a light as possible pilsner-corn cerveza I was planning to name Gold Hat Gringo, and funny enough they had yellow caps so just had to grab a few bags :D

KegKing grain mill motor. I'm getting tired of my current bread-machine-motor-franken-mill.. the table is ugly.. the belt slips if I forget to tension it properly.. so I'm gonna rebuild it..

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 181
A pound of Citra, a pound of Bravo, and a Bluetooth speaker for my brew stand. The sound isn't as good as the computer speakers and subwoofer that I had on there before, but takes up a lot less space.

Was supposed to get my new SS Brewtech FTSs yesterday, but UPS apparently had an issue with my address. Now I likely won't get it until the middl e of next week due to the weekend and New Years Day.

Ingredients for my first brew of 2018: an attempt at a Boston Lager-like amber lager.

IMG_1037.jpg

Just yesterday.....

2 WLP 001
3 gas disconnects
1 beer disconnect
4 swivels
3 way manifold
a CO2 keg cartridge system for taking kegs camping and 4 CO2 cartridges

feel like a kid on dec. 25th!!!!!!

Back