What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even realize hbt had a Facebook page. Come to find out they've posted a few of my pictures... crazy.

I'm drinking a my quad. While making a label for it.

So, do you think ferm temp is your problem?

Thats the only reason. My IC isnt leaking. I check it everytime and its good. It must be that because thats the only reason it can be. I hope it is. Why does Texas have to be so hot!

I can't wait to try that stuff!! I've got one, but it's got someone else's name on it. :(

I dont see a name on it.... drink it and get another one for him..

Anyway, I'm watching the crap out of baseball since my team has finally broken its 19 year losing streak! Only to realize I forgot they don't play tonight!

It's ok. I'm doing this now!

image-3774989617.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
I dont see a name on it.... drink it and get another one for him..

Haha!! It's already packed away inside, like, four boxes! Plus I have to drive two hours to get it. It'll happen eventually!!

Anyway, I'm watching the crap out of baseball since my team has finally broken its 19 year losing streak! Only to realize I forgot they don't play tonight!

It's ok. I'm doing this now!

Go ahead and toss that opener in sir I won't tell no one ;-)

NIZZLE said:
Go ahead and toss that opener in sir I won't tell no one ;-)

Ah! My parents went on a trip to Boston a few weeks ago and brought the glass and the opener back as a gift for me. I'm afraid that one is off the table!

Nope don't have Facebook what's up?

Oh, just their own shortsightedness and hypocrisy exploding in there face.

The girlfriend loves that. That beer--plus my overwhelming love of beer--helped turn here from a "oh, I don't like beer at all," into a "I really like stouts and porters and wit's and I can tell you the difference. "

It's been a labor of love.

I just saw the 'wit's'. I was going to mention that there is no difference at all between a stout and a porter.

I don't like them either. So, I'm watching baseball instead.

Being a Steelers fan, I decided that I'm making a new drinking game:

The rules are simple:

1. If the Steelers are on the field, drink.:tank:

Funny, the only NFL team I cheer for is whoever is playing the Steelers.

I didn't even realize hbt had a Facebook page. Come to find out they've posted a few of my pictures... crazy.

Stupid user agreements.

Tinhorn said:
Not in Houston for 2 reasons

So you didn't see me loss a foul ball that hit my hand, and not drop a drip of beer on Monday ...while the boos at the stadium rained down on me? My moment of greatness was lost in a spilt second

j1laskey said:
So you didn't see me loss a foul ball that hit my hand, and not drop a drip of beer on Monday ...while the boos at the stadium rained down on me? My moment of greatness was lost in a spilt second

I did not but sounds like must see tv!

I just saw the 'wit's'. I was going to mention that there is no difference at all between a stout and a porter.

Well, yes, there is. Stouts originated from porters. A stout was originally a "stout porter." Nowadays its hard to find a true porter. Take your stout and put the abv down to 4.8 to 5.8 but keep the full body, and you've got a porter.

Channel66 said:

HBT posted one of mine on FB about a month ago (Sculpin IPA in a can). II felt special. :D

Well, yes, there is. Stouts originated from porters. A stout was originally a "stout porter." Nowadays its hard to find a true porter. Take your stout and put the abv down to 4.8 to 5.8 but keep the full body, and you've got a porter.

This would make most Milk Stouts or Oatmeal Stouts qualify as Porters.

The differences are shades of gray. To me, and this is my subjective opinion is that roasted barley is more appropriate for a Stout, where black patent and/or chocolate malt are more appropriate in a Porter.

Had two of my Tafelbiers a bit a go. Drinking some soda now, then probably a few more Tafelbiers before bed.

Next up: brew a dunkel-helles
I gotta teach a coworker how to brew with a Czech Pilsner extract kit next up. maybe after that!

The differences are shades of gray. To me, and this is my subjective opinion is that roasted barley is more appropriate for a Stout, where black patent and/or chocolate malt are more appropriate in a Porter.

Had two of my Tafelbiers a bit a go. Drinking some soda now, then probably a few more Tafelbiers before bed.
I concur.

DisturbdChemist said:
Thats the only reason. My IC isnt leaking. I check it everytime and its good. It must be that because thats the only reason it can be. I hope it is. Why does Texas have to be so hot!

What temp do you keep it in your house?
I have good luck with a water bath. We usually keep our house around 70-75.
Using the water bath with only few frozen water bottles I've been able to keep this most recent batch in the mid 60s.

image-1958272912.jpg

Sitting at 65 right now. I've barely even had to add bottles to the water. Just the ceiling fan on in the room.

Yeah I'm fine with it, just strange.

I got an oersbier at the bottle shop from June '13 I think I'm going to crack it tomorrow, I've had a bit too much to taste it properly.

My guess is that's on the harsh side. The june '12 bottles I have are.

And I'm having some HB BdG before bed. Not my best beer, didn't carb evenly as I didn't warm the beer after lagering or re-pitch. It was my 10th beer and it's pretty tasty, so not complaining much.

What temp do you keep it in your house?
I have good luck with a water bath. We usually keep our house around 70-75.
Using the water bath with only few frozen water bottles I've been able to keep this most recent batch in the mid 60s.

Sitting at 65 right now. I've barely even had to add bottles to the water. Just the ceiling fan on in the room.

I keep my house 77-80 (im a cheap ass). Its too high for a ale yeast and I need to make a fermentation chamber to fit more than one. That must be the reason behind the taste. If we tade soon ill include a sample for you to analyze. Its bad and it must be that. Esb was temp contolled for a week before the deep freeze f-n broke amd it doesn't taste bad.

This skeeter pee will get me in trouble. Too smooth for 9.4%.

BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde.

Got to say that I'm enjoying this. Unless I'm really pressed for time I don't think I'll be making the Cooper's Canadian Blonde anymore.

Respectfully disagree. Stouts are porters, porters are stouts.

Channel is right on this one guys. I'm no expert, but the guy who writes the 'shut up about Barclay Perkins' blog sure is. Great reading if you're interested in the opinion of someone who has done a ridiclous amount of research on historical beer styles rather than oft repeated misinformation from the BJCP. The more I learn about beer, the more I dislike the BJCP.

Channel is right on this one guys. I'm no expert, but the guy who writes the 'shut up about Barclay Perkins' blog sure is. Great reading if you're interested in the opinion of someone who has done a ridiclous amount of research on historical beer styles rather than oft repeated misinformation from the BJCP. The more I learn about beer, the more I dislike the BJCP.
anyone wonder anymore why I don't put too much stock into comps?:rockin:

I keep my house 77-80 (im a cheap ass). Its too high for a ale yeast and I need to make a fermentation chamber to fit more than one. That must be the reason behind the taste. If we tade soon ill include a sample for you to analyze. Its bad and it must be that. Esb was temp contolled for a week before the deep freeze f-n broke amd it doesn't taste bad.

This skeeter pee will get me in trouble. Too smooth for 9.4%.

So is mine, I have been making saisons with a swamp cooler and WLP568 (temp range 70-80) with what I think are good results. I can't wait to get my temp control back though.

Drinking a new release from San Tan. Firm bitterness with a slight residual sweetness. I don't pick up much Belgian character through the hops, but it's still really good imo. Reminds me of Dragoon.

ForumRunner_20130905_183400.jpg

Latest posts

Back