"Wort Wizard" Motorless pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have a fish aquarium? This is exactly what you use to clean the gravel with. Very simple system. You can buy the plumbing for it seperate from the tubbing if you have the tubbing. Any and just about every pet store has it.

Water bed stores sell them for 6 bucks. I bought one to try out. I'm going to have to manipulate the fittings with barbs but I'm hoping it works until I get a pump. My brew rig's parts are costing more than I wanted, so the pump has to wait. :)

Hoefully this home-made wort wizard works. :rockin:

That's a cool little thing, and it uses the vena contracta, thus giving you to reason to say vena contracta, which is difficult to get into everyday conversation.

LOL

I had vena contacta but the doctor gave me some pills.

Speaking of pills, I think I kinda agree with the poster formerly known as orrelse (tpfkao for short). "Food Grade" does not mean that every thing else is poison. That's just goofy.

Should run less than $10 from any scientific supply house like Fisher. Look for "aspirator".

tom

Back