Favorite American Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anchor. For the history of it all. And their hospitality all 17 times I've taken their tour. (Imagine a world where Fritz Maytag never came along...)

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Well, I gots a favorite American bar that has hundreds of my favorite American beers.

The Moan 'n Dove, Amherst MA

My local brauhaus: Below the Radar in Huntsville AL.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You have to show up at the Brewpub on a nice summer day and sit on the patio. The brewer is a block away from the brewpub. The smell is awesome! Plus - the food is fantastic!

Yeah, but that would require going to Cleveland. ;)

For me it's Boulevard in KC. The only thing that they make that I don't really enjoy is their pilsner, but hey it IS a pilsner. All their beer is top notch especially their smoke stack series.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Home Brew mobile app

Dogfish is pretty overrated IMO. It's good, but far from great.
Even though I can't get it anymore since moving East, I'd still rank Deschutes and McMenamins brewery.

I'll throw some in since there seems to be a lack of Cincinnati love here:
Rhinegeist: Truth IPA and some rotational beers on tap
Mad Tree: Gnarly Brown, Happy Amber
50 West: Coast-to-Coast IPA, 30-37 Pale Ale, Coffee Please
Listermann/Triple Digit: Nutcase Peanut Butter Porter

Haven't tried them all, I enjoy all styles and can't get enough. Just when I thought I found a favorite I find a new brew.
Prairie
Urban Chestnut
2nd Shift
Russian River
Half Acer
Cigar City
Perineal
Odell

Founders and Shorts

Great Lakes

Surprised to see so much love for Three Floyds, going to have to check it out next time I'm back near Chicago. I'm also realizing I should be ashamed I haven't had any Firestone Walker yet.

Ninkasi I think... Sierra Nevada and are both great too.

Some breweries make outstanding beers that I can't live without, Deschutes Mirror Pond, Goose Island BCS ( especially when my local bar runs it through the randallizer with chipotle and vanilla bean), Three Floyds Zombie Dust, Half Acre Daisy Cutter, but for sheer quality across their brewing line I gotta go Bells. Hopslam, Black Note, Two-Hearted, Third Coast old ale, Expedition, Java, Double Cream, Cherry Stout, Oarsman, Oberon, Winter White, and then all the one offs, the Batch ales, and Eccentric Day ales, all outstanding.

What the heck. Why not. Here are mine:
Lost Abbey
Boulevard
Perennial
Half Acre
Revolution
Stillwater
Pipeworks
Cigar City
Funkwurks
Equinox
Allagash

Could keep going. But will stop. Hope to visit Hill Farmstead and alpine brewing on separate trips this year.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

#1 - St Stan's in Modesto, California. Tasted my 1st craft beer there in 1984, an amber ale and didn't know beer could be so great. Toured a few times including the hop barns. Sadly it sold out and closed but there's still a restaurant by the same name.

#2 - Was Sierra Nevada. The Pale Ale was almost exactly like St. Stans circa 1980's. However when they sold out and moved to Chico in the early 200's the "micro brew" became a commercial beer on every shelf in America and lost it's original freshness. Used to buy and drink it weekly for years, then the new commercial version started giving me a head ache so quit buying it.

Both of the above inspired me to make my own.

# 3 - Current favorite - Crazy Mountain in Edwards Colorado. Their Mountain Livin' Pale Ale with Cimcoe and Citra hops was an inspiration to replicate (which I did) and get a large chain in Texas to stock it just for me. A happy naturally citrus ale with cutting edge new hops. Lip smacking.

Three Floyds but also a big fan of Allagash in Maine. The Smuttynose Big Beer series is awesome as well.

Nothing can beat a fresh Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Straight out of a bright tank its night n day.

Sent from my XT1058 using Home Brew mobile app

Back