New equipment for doing multiple batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roesn

Reaction score
I'm looking to expand my brewing kit so I can brew multiple batches at the same time. Right now I have 2 6.5 gallon buckets, a better bottle, and the rest of the equipment to make beer like brushes, spoons, hydrometer, caps, etc.

I plan on doing multiple 1 gallon test batches until I find the ingredients I like. What would be the best way to go about this? Should I have two jugs and airlocks per batch?

Also, should I go with 2 gallon jugs or larger? Since these are only 1 gallon batches I figured that 2 gallons would be enough plus some extra room

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've had the same question in the past to be able to try one recipe multiple time and find the best ratio of everything. I found myself buying 1 and 2 gal jugs just in case.

So if I get 4 two gallon jugs with airlocks that would allow 2 additional batches to be brewed? Could I do more than 2 with 4 jugs? Maybe delaying a batch by a few days to let another finish?

Well you can do 4 at a time since you dont need a secondary for every batch

Oh why not? I thought its best to do a secondary to ensure the sediment won't end up in the beer?

Well if you dont shake the whole thinkg you wont get sediments in a beer. Look up on this forum for threads about using a secondary. Some beers will need conditioning while others are very simple and dont need it. But this is up to you! Good luck

Back