Hops in the fermenter...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eobie

Reaction score
Will these settle out. Never had it this bad.

image-2939428369.jpg

Looks like they have already.

I guess I meant... will they compact. It's a Pliny clone. Tons of hops! I had them in muslin hop bags but When I added the first hop addition the bag was floating from what I assume was a case of too much pellet hops in the bag. I fished it out and cut it open.

I guess I meant... will they compact. It's a Pliny clone. Tons of hops! I had them in muslin hop bags but When I added the first hop addition the bag was floating from what I assume was a case of too much pellet hops in the bag. I fished it out and cut it open.

Is this from dry hopping?

This is before fermenting right? They'll all stir up during fermentation and then all the hops and trub will sink when it finishes. It should compact more than that pic. I would hope a bunch more...you are losing a lot of pints there. I haven't put any hops or break in a fermenter in years so I can't give a better guess on how much it will compact. Cold crashing will help compact the yeast and trub layer though.

yeah it just started active fermentation now. I guess we'll see how this works out. have almost 4 oz of dry hopping to do too. I this i will buy some panty hose.

Back