Solstice Brewing Co.: The Brewery Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkpq45

Reaction score
My parents, wife and I worked our tails off this weekend putting together some fine bottle racks and a workbench/fermentation area in my basement. Enjoy the pics!

Overall view of the area:
100_0479.jpg

Shot to the left with brew bench:
100_0478.jpg

Closer-up shot of brew bench (Left to right, Riesling, Pinot Grigio, Blueberry Melomel, Oatmeal-Rye Brown Ale, Raisin Wine, Fresh Pressed Apple Cider):
100_0482.jpg

Close-up of Riesling (eat your heart out... this one was straight from juice, no kits here!):
100_0485.jpg

View to the right of wine racks, serving/lagering fridge (for now....):
100_0480.jpg

View of wine racks:
100_0483.jpg

Closer-up view of individual rack bay:
100_0484.jpg

Funny-ass sign my dad made for me:
100_0481.jpg

Now all I need to do is organize the few hundred or so bottles (empty and full) behind where I was taking the pictures into the racks, and move the rest of the fermentors onto the workbench (still need to relocate the 6.5G of traditional mead, hard lemon-limeade, and raisin-concord concoctions).

Soon to come: kegerator against the wall between the workbench and racks, la-z-boy recliner, and TV. Not to mention the coffee table/gun crate for "arsenal storage".

Thanks for the kudos, I do enjoy the area, it's nice and open.

And I was surprised what some white concrete paint would do to brighten up a dark corner of the basement. Granted, it took three coats and three gallons at $18 apiece, but it does look good.

I'm going to mount two 2'x4' flourescent fixtures in the space to replace the bare bulb and two-tube fixture. It'll be plenty of light then.

Latest posts

Back