Hello from Mississippi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opelgtman

Reaction score
I just thought I would say hi. I've been reading this forum for quite awhile and finally decided to get the gear to make some brew. I drove an hour to get the gear and stayed up reading and having fun with my first brew last night. I think this is going to become an addicting hobby.

Anyone else on the gulf coast?

Welcome aboard and welcome to the addiction!

Where'd you go to get your gear, Mobile or Nawlins?

There's got to be enough MS coast brewers to start up a HB Club by now. I suggest y'all do so and in the mean time join up with msbrew.org (may be .com or .net, can't remember) It's a community of MS brew lovers/brewers. Also checkout meba.org. New legislation has been introduced this year raising the current 5% abw limit to 17%. There's lots information and ways to promote and improve the state of brewing in this state!

Schlante,
Phillip

my daughter ordered it for me from beer and wine, i have also ordered more bottles and other stuff. i wanted to get most of the essentals before my first batch

Welcome,

I am just outside of New Orleans, and started brewing in late September. Gulf Coast group sounds like a great idea. Seems like there have been a lot of people joining from Mississippi and Alabama lately. Hopefully the new homebrew store in New Orleans will get some more activity here.

WOOT!! Mississippi... my babys home state. That's right, i stole me a sippi girl and brought her back to California. Of course, knowing what i know now??? and how stubborn southern women are?? (Southern charm, piss and vinager) ;)

Welcome to the 2nd greatest hobby (Counting free money is the 1st) :rockin:

kanielb1,

Funny you should ask that. I was on their website yesterday looking at the info thinking about joining up. I am a pretty new brewer (as well as being new to the area) though and didn't know whether I ought to be a bit more established before trying to join. Are you a member?

I am a new brewer as well. I have been brewing a little over a year...still doing extract's. I am not a member yet. I went to my first meeting last week. I plan on joining at next month's meeting. I believe they meet the first Wednesday nite of the month. Maybe I'll see ya there.

Back