Best Brewiers to go to in Ashville

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielofthedale

Reaction score
Hey me and my girlfriend are going up to Ashville for a weekend get away in a couple of weeks. I was wondering what are the must visit breweries? Also are the Beer Tours/Crusies worth the price and who is the best provider if they are?

Danielofthedale, what was your experience in Asheville? The wife and I are headed there tomorrow for 3 days. What we your favorite and not so favorite breweries?

Definitely hit Wicked Weed. Their food and beer are both outstanding. Asheville Brewing Company is also pretty solid. I'm not a big Highland fan, but a lot of people enjoy their beer and they've been in the business for a long time now. The Thirsty Monk is a really cool beer bar. If you're pressed for time, I'd say Lexington Ave Brewing is one you could skip. Not trying to hate - just an opinion. There are about a dozen more breweries I haven't mentioned. These are just off the top of my head.

Have fun. It's a great town to hang out in. Also - if you like a good burrito, check out Mamacita's. It's near Wicked Weed.

Cheers.

My son and I are headed to Asheville towards the end of the month and are looking for hotel recommendations. We would prefer something close to a brewery or close to brewery tour pick up points. Anyone have ideas?

Sheldon

The Aloft Hotel downtown is in a pretty fantastic location. Right in the heart of downtown and about a one minute walk from Wicked Weed. They also have a free shuttle that runs from there to the Oskar Blues Brewery in Brevard. We took the shuttle down there once and it was a great time. I think the Aloft can be pretty spendy, but you might be able to find some deals. Or maybe you don't care about the price so much.

When we go to Asheville we usually try to find an AirBNB room close to whatever it is we're doing on that trip. There are tons of those in Asheville as well, so it's another option to consider.

Good luck and have an awesome trip.

I hear Burial Brewing is good. I'm heading there in 8 days! Wicked Weed is on my list. Being from NorCal, I'll have to hit Sierra Nevada east as well. Lots of options!

Josh and I are now back from our NC beercation. We got into 21 breweries, a couple were closed. We hit a ton of bottle shops and bars. We also went to Charlotte, Winston-Salem, Durham and Raleigh. Aloft was really convenient to all we did in Asheville, that includes a ton of walking and cabs. Definitely the happening areas in NC. Prices were really sweet, couldn't believe we were getting 4 oz tasters for $1@ :)

Back