Side Affects

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_D

Reaction score
So, today I brewed my first batch of Oldcastle Brown Ale. I have made a mistake though. First one was that I used 1 oz. instead of 1/2 oz of the Kents Golding hops.

The other mistake was that I did not strain the wort when I added it to the fermentation bucket.

I assume that everything will be good, but I would like to know what the side affects are going to be?

Thanks

Side affects???? You're making beer not prescribing medication....Nothing Bad will happen...

You beer will be hoppier than the recipe calls for...if you like hoppy beers you're going to like it.... it may be a matter of preference.

as to not straining the wort...that's a matter of choice, some people strain, some people dump in the bucket..it just means that you'll have a larger trub at the bottom of the bucket but it won't affect the beer in any way, especially if you leave it for a couple weeks in primary or rack it to secondary (again a matter of preference)....

You'll be fine either way.

Not straining the wort isn't going to be a problem - RDWHAHB. The effect of the hop overdose will probably be fine too - if the hops were added early then the beer will be more bitter, and if they were added late it'll be more aromatic. But whilst it may not be specifically the same as it was intended to be, I bet it'll still be good beer :mug:

Latest posts

Back