*noob* warning... cider ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Kaos

Reaction score
Heya everyone!

I absolutely love "Hardcore Cider" made by Sam Adams brewing.
I was wondering if there is a recipe out there I could use to closely replicate the wonderful taste.

I am not a cider purist so this may not be a very good tasting cider in the scheme of things but I enjoy it tremendously.

Thanks in Advance.

:fro:

Copying a cider isn't really easy- not like beer. For ciders, it would really depend on the apples used. You can make a nice cider with fresh pressed cider, or the stuff from the grocery, but it won't be a clone.

I would assume that this sam adams stuff is probably pretty sweet. So while apfelwein is delicious, you might want to look into a simpler cider. Try just apple juice and yeast. Once its done, taste it. If you like it dry (it will be dry) then bottle away. If not, and if you want it to taste more like sam adams, then back sweeten. This can either by using non-fermentable sugar (splenda, or lactose) or chemically kill off the yeast and add whatever kind of sugar you want.

Back