quick newb question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgoette

Reaction score
hey guys, sorry if this has been answered before, but here goes

i just transferred some apfelwein into my first keg, but my cider will not come out the tap...

i have the in and out lines hooked up, there is pressure in the keg (checked release valve), and the co2 tank is on...

does it just take awhile before it can push the liquid out? or am i making a rookie mistake

well i figured it out after dosing my room down with cider... you gotta pull buck the quick disconnect and then push it back down... :drunk:

Are the diptubes on the right posts? If you have a short diptube on your liquid disconnect, then you aren't going to get anything. Does anything come out of the tap (ie. just CO2)? If so, then this is probably the case.

If your diptubes are connected properly and you get nothing when you open the tap, then I would say you have a clog somewhere. Beer/cider should come out immediately when you connect everything.

EDIT: Or just do that.

Latest posts

Back