Silicone o-rings, yeah another one

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
Ok guys, I'm an idiot. I can't figure out which o-rings to order for the heater element for an electric HTL. I know the nut it uses is 1". I guess I just got confused with the McMaster-Car page on o-rings because they have hundreds of them. Care to lead the blind here?

Hello? Anyone? Ok, so I found a possible match at [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]www.oringsandmore.com, it's a 1 x 1-3/16 o-ring, sound right?
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

You better measure those threads... 1" NPT is NOT 1" in diamter for real.
If you look at pipe nipples, the OD of 1" is actually 1.32" so I'd go with an Oring of 1-1/4" ID.

Also, you're looking at rings with a very small cross sectional diameter.

How about:

9396K294
(Same as 9396K6)
Silicone O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 322
In stock at $5.50 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 10

those are 3/16" cross sectional diameter and 1.25" ID.

You better measure those threads... 1" NPT is NOT 1" in diamter for real...Also, you're looking at rings with a very small cross sectional diameter.

How about:

9396K294
(Same as 9396K6)
Silicone O-Ring AS568A Dash Number 322
In stock at $5.50 per Pack
This product is sold in Packs of 10

those are 3/16" cross sectional diameter and 1.25" ID.

Thanks again Bobby. These came in today and they're a perfect fit! I should be getting my SS nuts on Friday and I'll be able to finish my e-keggle. :)

Back