Michael J Fox commerical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
Anyone see the commercial Michael J Fox did for a politician in MO? I can't believe how bad his Parkinson's has gotten. I watched it on YouTube and it made me very sad. I will always remember him as Marty McFly (and no, I did not change my avatar because of this). I do not want to get into the politics associated with this, I was just shocked at how much this disease has affected him since he left Spin City. I guess some people think he was "acting" which makes me sick.

Yeah I heard about the whole "acting" deal. Some folks need to do some research before opening their mouths. At least RL apologized (kinda not really) which is something of a rarity.

I saw it this morning and I gotta say I was surprised by how bad his shaking was. I heard about the comments, but like you said it's better left for other discussions.

I think it's a pretty sad ploy to use someone that's ill for political gain - no matter who does it.

rdwj said:
I think it's a pretty sad ploy to use someone that's ill for political gain - no matter who does it.

I agree, I don't care what side of the politics you're on, there are some things that are still off limits.

Except midgets. Midgets are great, without them the acting world wouldn't be the same. And yes I know the PC term, I just find it inaccurate. By my viewpoint, anybody shorter than me (6 foot) is a "little person". *ducks behind desk*:cross:

the cafeteria lady at my college had Parkinson's and her head would shake like a bobble-head doll (I'm not making fun, just trying to describe it and that's the best way to do it) but that was it, nothing like Fox in that commercial. Ali isn't even that bad.

Carne de Perro said:
...Except midgets. Midgets are great, without them the acting world wouldn't be the same. And yes I know the PC term, I just find it inaccurate. By my viewpoint, anybody shorter than me (6 foot) is a "little person". *ducks behind desk*:cross:

...and monkeys! I'd like to see a whole sitcom with monkey actors.

And honestly, If I were a midget, I can't think of a more degrading thing to be called than little person. I mean seriously, does ANYONE REALLY want to be called that? ...or is it just the next thing that's going to be considered offensive in a few years when an even "even-more-PC" term comes along.

Hells yeah! You can probably find some clips on youtube or google video just to preview it first. It's full of corny jokes but c'mon, it's monkeys dressed up in silly outfits acting out spy movie scenes.

here is some more:

The plots are thin as orphanage soup. The show is really about dressing chimps in costumes and making them perform amazing stunts—as if you needed anything else. The chimps are seen driving go-karts, threading needles, riding camels. They golf, play tennis, eat with chopsticks, get into pie-throwing fights. This is quality television.

I rest my case. :D

todd_k said:
I rest my case. :D

Sold! I have a feeling it's going to be a big hit at my house.

My 3 year old has a sense of humor much like mine. That's probably both a compliment to her and an insult to me

*edit - amazing how a Michael J Fox thread turned into a DVD purchase - lol

There were only 13 episodes so I would think you'll get all 13 on that DVD. I don't know about 3 year olds but I watched it when I was 8 or 9 and I loved it. I found one of their music videos (The Evolution Revolution) on youtube. Video is poor but you get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I like!!

borat.jpg

[/QUOTE]Except midgets. Midgets are great, without them the acting world wouldn't be the same. And yes I know the PC term, I just find it inaccurate. By my viewpoint, anybody shorter than me (6 foot) is a "little person". *ducks behind desk*:cross:[/QUOTE]

By your rule then, you are a little person to myself. 6'6"

Cheers:mug:

I love monkeys, chimps, apes. SWMBO mocks me because I have to stop and watch every time I'm surfing and come across "Any Which Way But Loose."

I've decided, I think finally, to name the brewery "Monkeybrau."

What could be better than monkies? Seriously? You know that commercial where the guy is frustrated because all of his co-workers are monkies who just want to dance and goof off?

I WANT TO WORK THERE - why is he looking for another job? I don't get it...

I love those careerbuilder.com commercials, especially the one where they're all dancing and lighting cigars with money.

Oh yeah, by the way...... :off: :off: :off:

Even MORE :off: , anybody else see this?

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Jim Henson's "Fraggle Rock" is coming to the big screen.

The 1980s cult hit TV show is being developed by Ahmet Zappa -- younger son of Frank Zappa -- into a full-length live-action musical fantasy starring the classic characters.

"(Zappa) recently created his own fantasy property ('Mighty McFearless'), and we had him in to talk about books and movies," said Lisa Henson, who serves as co-CEO of the Jim Henson Co. with her brother, Brian.

"During that conversation, I had an intuition that he might be a 'Fraggle Rock' fan. He jumped out of his seat when he heard our idea of making 'Fraggle Rock' into a feature-length movie."

Zappa -- a musician and TV personality who will serve as the project's executive producer -- is developing a treatment in which puppet stars Gobo, Wembley, Mokey, Boober and Red will travel from beneath the Rock and venture into the human world for the first time.

"The Fraggles didn't really get into the human world on the series, so we plan to make the movie more about the intersection between the Fraggles and the humans," Lisa Henson said.

Zappa is informally talking to musician friends about writing original songs for the movie. The original Henson puppets will be refurbished and updated for the film, with little expectation of computer-generated enhancements.

A release date has yet to be determined. Lisa Henson plans to hire a screenwriter and director once an initial treatment is completed.

"We're taking the movie as far as we can independently because the company has a big personal investment in how the movie turns out," she said.

"Fraggle Rock" premiered on HBO in 1983 and over five seasons garnered multiple awards and a global fan following. The show was created by Jim Henson as an international co-production and was adapted for each territory to meet the needs of its audience.

Reverend JC said:

Cheers:mug:

Why yes, yes I am, and you know what? I'm completely comfortable with it. Course you have to put up with me calling you a giant. :D

Reverend JC said:

I have a neighbor that is 6'8" and easily 300. Even at 6'2", I feel like a little person standing next to him

One of the best batches of beer I ever brewed (not too many of them, unfortunately) was dubbed "monkey knife fight". Mostly cuz it was brown.
And because I love monkeys. :cool:

Anybody seen the Angels' ralley monkey? I love that little guy.

Monk said:
Anybody seen the Angels' ralley monkey? I love that little guy.

That was pretty tough to miss during their WS run. MAN did the media beat that into the ground!

Latest posts

Back