Polysulphone quick disconnect users please read my question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flananuts

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi there

I'm using 1/2 inch threaded male QD's at my ball valves and I noticed that I had some grain and some hop leaf collection in them. There' some venturi like cross inside the male QD. Is that necessary or could I drill that out? I'm going to use the Lil Sparky Hop filter moving forward however I'm wondering if these lil crosses are preventing material from passing to my pump and my CFC.

I appreciate your responses.

Those QDs come in both straight-thru and shut-off versions. The little cross and knob in the center is needed to open the poppet valve on the shut-off versions. Since the straight-thru and shut-off versions can be used together, the straight-thrus have that assembly.

Not having the correct tools to remove the cross pieces I went to a local machinist who took care of 24 pieces for $15.00 - left them with him for what was to be a weeks wait and by the time I got home he called to say they were done. I think he did them on a Lathe. Whatever you do don't use a regular drill bit as it will pull the bit in and damage the fitting. (lesson learned)

Latest posts

Back