Advice needed on FG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lechien

Reaction score
I made a AG Double Bastard Clone, OG 1.103 5 gallon batch.

My vial of WL California Ale V 051 was about a month past the best by date. Made a 1L 1.040 starter that i used a oxygen stone on, and swirled every now and then until done. Decanted and added another 1L 1.040, same steps.

When that was done I decanted and added it to 2L of oxygenated 1.103 Double Bastard wort for a day while the rest of my wort cooled down(no chill).

The next day i pitched the entire two liters into the wort, had great activity pretty quickly. Basement temps were pretty much 63F the entire time.

It's been a month and my FG is at 1.030, the recipe says FG should be around 1.026. should I rouse the yeast or call it good and transfer to secondary for aging? Still haven't decided on bottling or kegging. Thanks

103 to 26 would be 75% attenuation. Attenuation tends to drop with high gravity beers, so 30 isn't really that high.

Back