when to refrig bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ethangray19

Reaction score
If my beer has been bottle conditioning for 3 weeks is it time to put it in the fridge or can it continue to bottle condition at about 70 F???

Dude, if you haven't had one yet, I stand in awe of your restraint. I would chill a couple and try them out. If they taste good chill some more.

i have been drinking them up and they are excellent but should i let them continue to "chill" at 70 f or put them all in the fridge?

ethangray19 said:
If my beer has been bottle conditioning for 3 weeks is it time to put it in the fridge or can it continue to bottle condition at about 70 F???

Funny I was just wondering this same thing. I have an IPA thats been in the bottle for 3 weeks at 64F. BUT, its not quite done yet so I gonna leave them for a few more days at least.

Basically when theyre fully carbed and taste good, put them in the fridge. Mines are still green tasting, and undercarbed so being theyre at 64 they should do good another week.

From what I've read elsewhere, and from other places in this forum, my understanding is that there is no need to refrigerate your other bottles, unless of course you want to. They will continue conditioning just fine at room temperature of 70F. And assuming that everything went fine during the earlier stages, there is no reason that the beer could not keep well for months at the temp.

My first brew has just come up on its 3rd weed on bottles. So i started putting 2 or 3 bottles in the fridge each morning... that way they are nice and cold when i get home in the afternoon. I leave the ones im not gonna drink that day in the box... letting them condition a little more.

That reminds me... i havent put any in the fridge for today...

Back