Yooper's Famous!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice article Yooper - congrats. Have you checked out Black Husky Brewing - just over the border in Pembine, WI. Its a cool operation and they are doing some neat things, like the Sproose Juice double IPA that uses spruce tips from local trees.

http://www.blackhuskybrewing.com/

We have a place near Pembine and its always been hard to find good beer up there, but the Black Husky guy has given us at least one really good option in the area.

Oh, yes. They are actually really "good people"!

I had another topic that they deleted, about our local homebrew club, and about HBT. Both are important to me, of course!

My "local" club is way too big geographically so I don't go to many meetings (over 50 miles each way) but Tim and Toni are members (from Black Husky) and awesome people. Tim has offered me supplies and of course beer, but they are about 75 miles from me so I rarely see them. I'm not such a fan of Spruce Juice, but they have a fantastic APA that I consider one of my favorites in all of Wisconsin, and of course I've told Tim that! Really great people, and I highly recommend their brewery!

I blabbed about that homebrew club, and about HBT since I rely on HBT so much for all of my brewing information. But, somehow, all of that didn't get published in the article. :drunk:

And Yoop hasnt asked me for my number, either publicly or privately.

Just to clarify:

Yoop, I think you're crazy hot. Yes, I'm just short of half your age, but its ok. I heard Bob is cheating. I'm eagerly awaiting your message.

I just saw this, as Bob pointed this post out to me.

His response?

"Who's this BBKing guy who has been following me around? How did he KNOW?"

Yep. Bob's really funny. :confused:

Yooper said:
I just saw this, as Bob pointed this post out to me.

His response?

"Who's this BBKing guy who has been following me around? How did he KNOW?"

Yep. Bob's really funny. :confused:

It's only just begun. I'm sure you'll see more of BBKing now. He's in love/lust.

With her permission, I blogged about Yooper's AHA's Brewer of the Week recognition at http://www.singingboysbrewing.com/The-Blog.html Unlike AHA, though, I did link to HBT ;)

Also, because we associate beer with manliness (advertising really does work), I knew that some of my friends and family would be surprised at a woman brewer, so I address that in the blog, too.

Congrats on the recognition, Yooper!

With her permission, I blogged about Yooper's AHA's Brewer of the Week recognition at http://www.singingboysbrewing.com/The-Blog.html Unlike AHA, though, I did link to HBT ;)

Also, because we associate beer with manliness (advertising really does work), I knew that some of my friends and family would be surprised at a woman brewer, so I address that in the blog, too.

Congrats on the recognition, Yooper!

That's very cool Jim! I am honored to get a mention on your blog- although sort of sheepish about being front page in my pajamas. It was an AWESOME beer gift, from Midfielder5 actually, and I was like a little kid so Bob snapped my picture. When I sent photos for the article, I noticed the Pliny bottle and not my pajamas. :eek:

And Yoop hasnt asked me for my number, either publicly or privately.

Just to clarify:

Yoop, I think you're crazy hot. Yes, I'm just short of half your age, but its ok. I heard Bob is cheating. I'm eagerly awaiting your message.

Meh. You don't need this kid, Yoop. I had my 40th in June, and I'm real good looking. And not rich. And I drive a sweet 2000 Tacoma. I love hockey, too. My wife won't mind, because she's in mad love with the guys in the Drive-by Truckers. Any guy with a guitar, really. So, what do you say?

Let me know if you want to see a picture of the Tacoma...

Meh. You don't need this kid, Yoop. I had my 40th in June, and I'm real good looking. And not rich. And I drive a sweet 2000 Tacoma. I love hockey, too. My wife won't mind, because she's in mad love with the guys in the Drive-by Truckers. Any guy with a guitar, really. So, what do you say?

Let me know if you want to see a picture of the Tacoma...

Hmmmmm, a 2000 Tacoma you say? Very tempting..................

Yooper said:
Sure. You can even have my autograph if you want (on a charge slip at Stone Cellar )

I will meet you there any day. I haven't found a beer I don't like there.

Yooper said:
Sure. You can even have my autograph if you want (on a charge slip at Stone Cellar- as I will buy you a beer if I ever get down there to see you!). You were the one promising to come up here, though, if you remember correctly! :p

I don't remember the last time I was at Stone Cellar, or even in Appleton for that matter. I don't get out much! But it would be great to have a beer or 3 with you. It has been a while!

My 99' Tacoma has over a quarter million (no bs).

I hear Yoop likes proven performance. Seems to me like you havent shown it :cross:

Well, you got me there. Maybe we should race. Drunk. Winner takes all.

Well, you got me there. Maybe we should race. Drunk. Winner takes all.

Works for me...if you dont mind me taking the time to change my oil at the starting line :mug:

256,000 miles....its like giving bottled oxygen to an old timer :cross:

Works for me...if you dont mind me taking the time to change my oil at the starting line :mug:

256,000 miles....its like giving bottled oxygen to an old timer :cross:
If your Tacoma's an old timer what does that make my Accord(456k miles)?

If your Tacoma's an old timer what does that make my Accord(456k miles)?

First off, I'd be interested to know what oil you use.

Secondly, I'd LOVE to know what Yoops phone # is, since you've obviously won the "old car" debate whice decides Yoops fate :D

But seriously, the oil? And the mechanics number?

In the last week I've had to replace a tie rod, brakes (plus calipers) and get a (somewhat) cheap alignment.

Love my truck (as any man will) but I sometimes hate the cost going into it weekly (which isnt much until it all hits you at the same time)

You guys crack me up!

But thanks for the nice words all the same! :rockin:

I was looking at my truck yesterday and I started considering getting a new one. It's 7 years old, with 70,000 miles on it but I just can't see spending the money on a vehicle right now. I need a full size (but a 6 foot bed is fine) because I occasionally take my truck camper out. I have a decent kayak carrier, too, that fits that truck. I just have a Chevy Z71, though- nothing fancy like that old Tacoma.

I'll offer my congrats as well!! Thanks Yooper for all the help you've given us over the years, not to mention a smattering of excellent recipes. One of my favorites is your DFH 60-minute clone....just awesome. I can't think of anyone who is more helpful. You deserve some time in the spotlight!

I just noticed your Humalupalicious t-shirt in the article photos. On our trip to Denver for GABF, I actually picked up a sixer of that. Tasty! As I understand, Colorado doesn't normally get Short's and we certainly don't get it here in Omaha. So I suppose it's sort of a rare treat.

I just noticed your Humalupalicious t-shirt in the article photos. On our trip to Denver for GABF, I actually picked up a sixer of that. Tasty! As I understand, Colorado doesn't normally get Short's and we certainly don't get it here in Omaha. So I suppose it's sort of a rare treat.

Short's is awesome! Even WE don't get Short's where I live, so it's rare treat for me, too. We went to the brewpub last fall, and I fell in love with every one of their beers. Huma is a great beer, though, and I pick it up whenever I see it.

I'll offer my congrats as well!! Thanks Yooper for all the help you've given us over the years, not to mention a smattering of excellent recipes. One of my favorites is your DFH 60-minute clone....just awesome. I can't think of anyone who is more helpful. You deserve some time in the spotlight!

One of my favorites also! Better than the original if you ask me.

Shooter said:
Heroine kills!

Heroin kills - although, as the poster noted above, it's actually overdosing that kills).

A heroine (with the e) SAVES lives - which IIRC, actually legitimately applies to Yoop.

Back